How to bypass the parking wire?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tmx20SC
10+ year member

Bass In Your Face!
South, Tx
Well, i received my new screen and i'm having alittle problem. Grounding the parking wire doesn't work. So i went on and purchased a toggle switch hooked it up and viola! it work'd. Then within the hour the switch didnt work anymore so i couldnt watch movies anymore.

I have to reset my HU every hour to make the toggle switch work again, but then my eq presets and everyting is gone. Anybody know whats going on with my HU???

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17373_Pioneer+AVH-P3100DVD.html

pioner.jpg

if its similar to my old avic n1 the only way to bypass the pioneers is through some soldering on the board. if i recall theres something like a gyro sensor inside the unit that even though you have the parking break wire grounded it knows you are moving.....

at least that was the case with my N1 once the software was updated. check out avic411.com they might be of more help.

Exactly like that. Toggle switch has two ends. One end has the parking wire the second end is grounded.
hmm. strange that it's resetting itself. I know a toggle worked fine on the p4000's. Maybe pioneer has updated their shiz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.