How to break an alpine...?

Well my buddy just opened it up and did some thing with a soldering iron, and now the buttons direct me to random ass things; the power button still turns it on however the next track selection for example turns on and off the mx. I called the company that issued the warranty(not the manufacturer) and they said that it seems like it is a malfuntion in the system, and i just have to take it into the place where i had it installed so that they can verify what im saying is true. I asked what model will be replacing it, they told me ill be recieving a 9857, looked it up and it is better than the 9815 because i can hook my ipod up to it without having to but one of those stupid machines, see ya fm transmitter.
Well AVSTANG02 it looks like you sir are the dumbass, if you need the fm transmitter you let me know now
i dont know man, id rather have a 9815 then a 9857, most people will tell u the 06 lineup is ****, think u ****ed up with that one

you could have sold it to a freind.

plus most of the new models are 2v preout //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif .

Wow . . . the 9815 was before I started to learn about Alpine, so I just looked up the specs on it. That's a hell of a deck. Makes the 9857 look like a Rampage. Pretty stupid move frying it like that, hopefully you're happy with your new but far from improved 9857.

Well i went to the installer dude and he didnt even take the deck from me. He just asked me if I wanted him to install the new unit, i said no so he asked for my address so the new unit can be shipped. I just gave the 9815 back to my buddy and he said he will have it back to normal no prob. Guess it pays to go to college in heart of the silicon valley. Thanks for the heads up about the 9815 being better, i guess i just go cought up in the hole ipod connection and HD radio. But **** i just scored a brand new deck that ill probably sell for another amp.

Forgot to ask.. what is the addon for the 9815 that allows for a direct connection to the ipod. I hate using the radio, quality ***** compared to cd's. Is there any way to hook it up to the aux?

Get a $14 grill igniter, the kind you use for a potato gun.

Trust me, electronics, especially ones with their own power supplies, don't appreciate 90,000 volts of static electricty. Wont leave a trace, either.

And water wont do anything, electronics are suprisingly immune to being wet, unless they're on, or have a lot of capacitance.

Guess it pays to go to college in heart of the silicon valley.
Guess you didn't take any ethics classes there. People like you are why honest people have to pay more money for everything. Tool. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.