How to adjust idle speed?!?!

you can only do it manually if its carbeurated like my beasty 76 and 73 k5 blazer. And you would use a flat head screwdriver not a wrench smarty pants. Gl adjusting that computerized sack of crap
not true but you cant do it on that new of a car i can on my 91 jetta and its fuel injected but back to the topic ive seen this dont at compeitions but they was just idleing not driving but im sure you could make it work with maybe some glue or dum dum they took pennys and put them between the throttle body cables and their stops if you know what i mean which made the throttle body open up just a hair more to increase idle but im not sure if it will throw a code if you do this or not some of them actually have adjustable stops so just take a look

loose-all-weather-floor-mat-jams-accelerator-pedal-photo-nhtsa_100229861_s.jpg

Plus

duct-tape-3m.jpg
hahahaha, oh man, THIS ^^^^^^^^^

Should be a set screw on the throttle body somewhere near the throttle butterfly. Hit the gas pedal with the car off and look where the throttle arm is moving on the intake. Follow your air intake hose to the engine and you should find it. Theres a screw that holds it at a certain position, adjust it clockwise until you get the idle you want.

Throttle arm is in the bottom left of this pic, beside the oil cap.

12-09-07_1924.jpg

Should be a set screw on the throttle body somewhere near the throttle butterfly. Hit the gas pedal with the car off and look where the throttle arm is moving on the intake. Follow your air intake hose to the engine and you should find it. Theres a screw that holds it at a certain position, adjust it clockwise until you get the idle you want.

12-09-07_1924.jpg
That is basically it. On all B series/D series Honda motors you turn on the car i believe, unplug the IACV harness connected to the throttle body, adjust the screw until the RPM is correct. Turn off the car, plug back in IACV reset ECU, and then your idle is at whatever you adjusted it to.

You can't adjust the idle speed manually with that new of an explorer. It's all computer controlled. Read your Haynes manual //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Higher idle speed will screw up your onboard computer and throw trouble codes.

Unless you dont mind buying a code reader to reset the computer every few days its not worth it.

12-09-07_1924.jpg
thats how it is on my car just wasnt sure about that new of a ford... heres what mine looks like

02041934.jpg

02041946.jpg

02042029.jpg

on your explorer it IS possible to adjust idle. since its still a traditional cable activated throttle valve. if you look at this diagram i got from alldata. towards the lower right corner youl see the throttle cable,and just to the left youll see a vertcal bolt. well thats the idle stop screw.get a wrench and slowly adjust it clockwise to achive desired idle...

97265330.gif

oh,and you wont get any diagnostic trouble codes(DTC) from adjusting the idle,since its still a cable pulled throttle.now if it was an electric throttle like most 2003 and up,then youll have a shitload of DTCs . since the on board computer doesnt care what idle the truck is at(you could sit there for 30 min straight at 1000rpms and you wont get any DTCs).as long as your throttle position sensor(TPS) and idle air control valve(IAC) are working properly the truck will run just fine. the onboard computer is there to receive data from various other sensors to supply the engine with correct air/fuel ratios and ignition timing.only time a DTC is present,is when a part fails,or theres an EVAP system leak or theres a trasmission issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.