How should I wire these subs with this amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi guys, please point me in the right direction.

I have this amp:

JL Audio G Series G-MAX Mono subwoofer amplifier — 1,200 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

And these subs:

MTX T7510-44 Thunder 7500 10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com

How should I wire my subs together and connect them to my amp to get the cleanest, loudest bass? Please explain like I am a rookie...I have taken this thing apart so many times, I just need a definitive answer.

A pair?

You're caught in the middle.

Ideally you need an amp that's 800-1000w rms at 1 ohm. The gmax isn't 1 ohm stable. It's ~1000w, but only at 2 ohms, and a pair of D4's can't be wired for 2 so you have to go with the next best option which is 4.

It's still 600w, so 300 per sub. It's not a bad configuration. Just not as good as it would be with svc 4's or dvc 2's that could be wired for 2.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/product/img/subwoofer_wiring/2_subs_DVC_4_ohm_mono_variation1.jpg

With the pioneer amp, you can wire it at 1 ohms mono. That will get you 1200 watts rms. ( 600 per subwoofer ). The problem with that is that the subs are only rated for 400 watts rms each. You can still make this work if you set the gain on the amplifier with a D.M.M. to match the subwoofers 800 watt combined rating.

Sub wiring diagram .

http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg

Gain setting instructions.

How to Adjust Amplifier Gains Using a Digital Multi-Meter | Learning Center | Sonic Electronix

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.