Backup camera does not come on when truck is put into reverse

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello,

Thanks in advance for ANY ideas. I took out existing stereo from my 2008 Ford F350 pickup, which was not to hard. My problem is; the Pyle view (PLCM10) camera does not come on when I shift truck into reverse - BUT when I go to the Jensen VX7020 and select camera it works fine. When I wired truck I pulled power from reverse lights at back of truck and then ran the RCA cable along frame. Everything else works on truck except for that one bug of camera not working automatically.

Any ideas? Thanks Jim Sawyer

The remote wire on the camera connects to the backup light and the main 12v wire would connect straight to the battery or a power source.

This way once put in reverse it automatically comes on.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Hello,

So - forgive me for being a dunderhead - you are saying I tapped into the wrong wire in the back tail light? The wire I tapped into got voltage when transmission was put into reverse. The problem is camera only comes on when I have manually selected reverse camera on the radio head unit.

Your headunit isn't detecting enough voltage from the reverse lights to know to turn on the camera. Consily the manual and then check voltages with a multimeter to determine if that's the problem

Do you only have a wire going from the backup light to the camera? You will also need one thay goes to the headunit as a switch to let the unit know its on.

Do you only have a wire going from the backup light to the camera? You will also need one thay goes to the headunit as a switch to let the unit know its on.
Depends on the camera tho, even my post is mainly for 3 wire cameras.

Most that connect to an actual aftermarket headunit only have 2 wires and a rca... So that would be positive, negative, rca.

With the 2 wire camera would then just run the wire from the tail light to the headunit as the headunit will be the one in charge of doing the switch.

Sorry for post jacking you, but i never got into detail.

Also 3 wire cameras are usually the standalone versions that have a screen with it.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.