How should I wire my doors

Participant count
  • Participant list

JoshGuy
10+ year member

get the 2ohm set to get the most out of your amp as for wiring it one channel/wire will go into each x-over and then the tweeter and mid wire off that splitting the freq between the two.

get the 2ohm set to get the most out of your amp as for wiring it one channel/wire will go into each x-over and then the tweeter and mid wire off that splitting the freq between the two.
so i should run my tweets on one channel and my mids on the other right?

Each amp channel wires to the crossover inputs and the crossover has outputs for tweeter and mid. Pretty simple.
Okay I got that but is there any way i can wire my doors in parallel so I could get 2 ohms on each channel?

Only if you have 2 sets per door. Or get a 2 ohm version if there is one.
Yeah they make a 2 ohm version and ill only have a set of components per door so how would i be able to wire 4 sets 2 ohm components to 2 ohm per channel

Just 4 doors so 4 tweets and 4 mids
OH that makes more sense I run a 2ch amp but I only run front comps, you may want to think about getting a 4ch amp instead or you will lose fade control also you would want the 4ohm speakers to obtain the 2ohm load per ch if you still want to go that route simply run the speakers as normal the only difference will be two sets of wires going into each ch instead of one set.

OH that makes more sense I run a 2ch amp but I only run front comps, you may want to think about getting a 4ch amp instead or you will lose fade control also you would want the 4ohm speakers to obtain the 2ohm load per ch if you still want to go that route simply run the speakers as normal the only difference will be two sets of wires going into each ch instead of one set.
that wouldnt yield 8 ohms per channel? And on more thing would the component as a whole be rated at 4 ohms or 2 ohms per mid and then 2 ohms per tweeter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they make a 2 ohm version and ill only have a set of components per door so how would i be able to wire 4 sets 2 ohm components to 2 ohm per channel
You can't. If you're running 2 sets per channel they should be 4 ohms each. Two 4 ohm sets in parallel will be 2 ohms.

You can't. If you're running 2 sets per channel they should be 4 ohms each. Two 4 ohm sets in parallel will be 2 ohms.
So I should get the 4 ohm version and wire them in parallel to get a 2 ohm outcome per channel. But how would that work with the crossovers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.