how much $$ to build a box?

bad_trip
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I really want to try a new enclosure for my SX's, just to see if i can make them sound better/louder.

Right now, they are in a 3.8 cf @ 33hz, with subs up and port back in a trunk. The holes were a bit rough so i'm letting air out there, and also, the terminal cup is gone, so that's letting a little air out too. All in the trunk. Off 2500 watts.

I want to put them in something subs and port rear, about 4 cf, tuned around 35.

Possibly 3/4" MDF?

How much do you guys spend on building a box?

About 50-75 depending on how many sheets you need. ( 50 for 1, 75 for 2) and that includes paint, primer, screws, and glue.

I usually round 70$ a box or so with everything I need, and that usually includes a lot of extra screws and glue which is nice, depending on box size, Ive gotten 3 single sub box's out of a sheet before.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.