How much power on stock electrical?

wevie
10+ year member

Iowa
2006 Grand Prix.

Will not upgrade alt or add batts. Any wiring is fine. Big Three definitely plus???

Curious to see the recommendations on how large of an amp to buy for a daily?

Specific recommendations? Subs will be chosen and purchased based upon the amplifier.

idk about that. i use 2k-2.3rms on my stock alt but i have 2 batts back mine up and it does pretty well stays 13.4 full tilt
your running 3 batteries, he want to use one.

Im running a Digital Designs M1c on stock electrical with a 105a alt. the only upgrade ive done is the big 3. Im getting around 1200w and my voltage doesnt go below 13v.

your running 3 batteries, he want to use one.Im running a Digital Designs M1c on stock electrical with a 105a alt. the only upgrade ive done is the big 3. Im getting around 1200w and my voltage doesnt go below 13v.
thats wats up. your alts also bigger then mine, so i gota have sumtn to back it. i was saying with him, i didnt know his alt size yet and the amount of power.

depends on the car/truck really.. some with 125-140amp alts will push 1-2k some won't push 800-1k

some with smaller amps even do the 1-2k with droppage

With stock electrical minus big 3, on my 105a alt and Interstate Mega-tron II battery I can do 900-a little over 1000rms with minimal dropping but minor light dimming at night. But when I upgraded to my SK1500.1 @1ohm which is rated at a little over 1900rms (obviously with this electrical I'm not seeing full rms) lately after some major full tilting I've droppped low enough to drain my battery to about 8v thus shutting the amp off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I need to upgrade haha.

80a stock alt and a batcap 2k equivalent with the big 3 I can push around 1200w or so until I start getting voltage drop (my voltage goes from 14.4 to like 12.5v in the course of 2 or 3 clicks of the volume).

80a stock alt and a batcap 2k equivalent with the big 3 I can push around 1200w or so until I start getting voltage drop (my voltage goes from 14.4 to like 12.5v in the course of 2 or 3 clicks of the volume).
Hate that, you see the videos I uploaded in my thread?

Hate that, you see the videos I uploaded in my thread?
Nah I haven't. And yeah it is kind of a pain, but I've somehow memorized which songs I can turn the headunit up to without getting voltage drop (which is amazing cause my memory isn't too great lol)

Nah I haven't. And yeah it is kind of a pain, but I've somehow memorized which songs I can turn the headunit up to without getting voltage drop (which is amazing cause my memory isn't too great lol)
'Huffin too many vapors eh?

I'm uploading another video now, so check out the thread if you want I'll have a 3rd up soon.

lol this... i done the same thing

125a alt. I'll do the big three in 1/0 plus a run of 1/0 obviously to the amp.

Currently CONSIDERING running an AP15001D @ 2 ohms. That would be 950 watts. I'd hope the stock electrical could handle that. If this is an acceptable plan, I can then decide if I want to upgrade the alt and drop the load to 1 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.