How much airspace do i need for 2 18s?

Participant count
  • Participant list

youngbump
10+ year member

Like I said,I need to know how much airspace i need for 2 RE Sx 18s in a dodge ram 1500 quad cab.I can't build a wall but can use every inch of space below the back glass.I'm going to have a hifonics brutus 1500 2 channel on each of them and just want the best system possible.Recently came into some cash so money's no option.wanna hit 155+ DBs if possible.Please respond SOON!

why do we need to respond SOON!?

Are you building the box tonight.

You are new here and already acting like you are owed a response as soon as you hit submit.

Anyway their are a few box designers on this board

Ram Designs

Pro-Rabbit

Those are some good guys who will design you a correct box.

Slow down buddy - life is long (hopefully)

If you like, I can have a design done for you that will be optimal for your request. By the sound of your recommendations, it sounds like you want to possibly compete, correct? Either way, PM me if you want a complete design done. Though money is no option, I can do the design for less than $20! If you want the build done as well, I can arrange for the build to be completed also, so you only have to install it. Just let me know! I can calculate for optimal space and get you everything you need for your design.

Like I said,I need to know how much airspace i need for 2 RE Sx 18s in a dodge ram 1500 quad cab.I can't build a wall but can use every inch of space below the back glass.I'm going to have a hifonics brutus 1500 2 channel on each of them and just want the best system possible.Recently came into some cash so money's no option.wanna hit 155+ DBs if possible.Please respond SOON!
Have you checked their website? Enclosure recommendations are right there..

look dude,i may have just signed up but i don't think i'm "owed" anything,and the reason i said soon is me and my friends are goin way out in the sticks in a couple of weeks to crank it up for a few hours and i wanted to have the system up and running by then.and i plan on building the box myself.but thanks anyway for the reference

thanks man but im just lookin for some dimensions.and by the "money's no option" thing i just meant that i didn't want any budget related responses.but like i said thanks anyway.

You need to measure what room you have available first. Not everyone has your exact truck to know what "every inch below the back glass" is. How High/Wide/Deep can you go? Then you can get a better idea from there.

Have you checked their website? Enclosure recommendations are right there..
You can get better loading and response control with a smaller chamber than what they recommend. Something around 3.55cubic ft with a longer port. Will likely take up the same or less space than their recommendations with better driver control. Just a thought.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.