how many inlines? and what fuses?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cynicz
10+ year member

illinois
Ok im running approximately 16 FT of wiring from my first battery (under the hood) to the first spare in the trunk. Then approx 3ft of wiring from spare 1 to spare 2. then like 2 or 3 ft of wiring from spare 2 to my amp.

Im running knu konceptz 1/0 from the under the hood battery to first spare in the trunk. then the 3ft jumpers will be streetwires 1/0. I am running a AQ3500D.

So I got 1 inline under the hood thats like 150amps, should I put one before the first spare battery? or just after the second spare battery before the amp. i saw AQ recommended 300A fuses but is that high fo a fuse neccesary?

Fuse positive cables where they are prone to damage, as close to the battery. Between front and rear batteries and between battery and amp. 3 total. No need to fuse the jumpers, just take care to prevent any possible shorting.

Fuse per mfr recommendations.

Ok im running approximately 16 FT of wiring from my first battery (under the hood) to the first spare in the trunk. Then approx 3ft of wiring from spare 1 to spare 2. then like 2 or 3 ft of wiring from spare 2 to my amp.Im running knu konceptz 1/0 from the under the hood battery to first spare in the trunk. then the 3ft jumpers will be streetwires 1/0. I am running a AQ3500D.

So I got 1 inline under the hood thats like 150amps, should I put one before the first spare battery? or just after the second spare battery before the amp. i saw AQ recommended 300A fuses but is that high fo a fuse neccesary?
so you got Knu 0 gauge and you fused it with a 150a fuse? you know your suppose to fuse for the wire?

well I posted here and everyone said 150amp fuse for 1/0guage for the AQ1200D was sufficient now I got a aq3500D and audioque recommends 300amp fuses. So I guess i will upgrade to 300amp fuses. Man this is automatically going to bump me into street5 meca class ughhh haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.