How many 12" xfls in average sedan trunk?

2 will fit easily in almost all trunks; if you did subs up and port back you may be able to fit 3.

If your rear seats fold down, I always recommend sealing off the trunk.

2 will fit easily in almost all trunks; if you did subs up and port back you may be able to fit 3.
If your rear seats fold down, I always recommend sealing off the trunk.
I'm wanting to do 4... but if space doesn't allow I'll have to look into other options.

I'm wanting to do 4... but if space doesn't allow I'll have to look into other options.
4 will require around an 8 cube net box and that's just not going to fit in almost any trunk. You might be able to squeeze it in if you build in the trunk, but you'd have to fire the port forward because the entire trunk would be full

4 will require around an 8 cube net box and that's just not going to fit in almost any trunk. You might be able to squeeze it in if you build in the trunk, but you'd have to fire the port forward because the entire trunk would be full
What sort of variations could I run? two 12's, how many 15's? or can an 18 fit? Just looking to try different things.

What sort of variations could I run? two 12's, how many 15's? or can an 18 fit? Just looking to try different things.
All depends on the largest box you can fit. If you're willing to do subs up, you can fit 3 or 4 12s or 2 15s or 1 18 in a lot of trunks. Some more, some less. XFLs do like larger boxes though.

All depends on the largest box you can fit. If you're willing to do subs up, you can fit 3 or 4 12s or 2 15s or 1 18 in a lot of trunks. Some more, some less. XFLs do like larger boxes though.
Height: 21"

Width: 54"

Depth: 40"

Opening

Height: 20"

Width: 41"

I could do roughly 5 inches smaller on each of those dimensions to more easily get it into the car. I'll calculate everything tomorrow and measure again.

Height: 21"Width: 54"

Depth: 40"

Opening

Height: 20"

Width: 41"

I could do roughly 5 inches smaller on each of those dimensions to more easily get it into the car. I'll calculate everything tomorrow and measure again.
Do a cardboard box mock up and see what fits.

XFLs REALLY like larger boxes. Mine in 6.5 cubes gets down well for a single 12 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

XFLs REALLY like larger boxes. Mine in 6.5 cubes gets down well for a single 12 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That's a bit much. Mine have great response and low end in 2 cubes each and still retain good power handling and control.

That's a bit much. Mine have great response and low end in 2 cubes each and still retain good power handling and control.
Yes I know, but I definitely have the trunk room for it. Next setup will be 2 XFLs in 3.25 cubes a piece, basically the same size box as my current one but with another hole

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.