How Loud is 5000 watts RMS

Quick question. I'm trying to start a new thread and ask this question but I don't know how to do it I recently just bought a taramps MD 5000.1 and I blew my hippo xl 122r. What sub/subs can I get that will handle this amp? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Quick question. I'm trying to start a new thread and ask this question but I don't know how to do it I recently just bought a guitar amps MD 5000.1 and I blew my hippo xl 122r. What sub/subs can I get that will handle this amp? Any help will be greatly appreciated
Guitar amps???? Do you mean Taramps?

Can you please post your source of that info? I mean that 100% seriously, because I I want to know more about amp efficiency.

Thank you.
- Joe
Its true on that amp. If you dont got the electrical to back that anp up dont even bother. Big D Whiz got a video on YouTube about it. It blew the competition out of the water

Quick question. I'm trying to start a new thread and ask this question but I don't know how to do it I recently just bought a taramps MD 5000.1 and I blew my hippo xl 122r. What sub/subs can I get that will handle this amp? Any help will be greatly appreciated

2- ABXFL12's, 2- ABXFL15's, or 1- Fi Neo 15 just to name a few.

Not sure them AB's can handle this amp

I've got a single AB HD15d2 on a Taramps MD3000 @1 ohm. A couple of these would definitely take that power.

Screenshot_20200706-211224_Samsung Internet.jpg

People usually don't put either. I'm not sure that silicone is cheaper or better.
On my car I literally snipped a playstation 1 controller cable that was in the trash and tied a knot in it and draped it over the bolts behind the plate.. Works great lol, no audible noise with a 1200W sub. Maybe I'll have to upgrade to an insulator if I go bigger.

Can you please post your source of that info? I mean that 100% seriously, because I I want to know more about amp efficiency.

Thank you.
- Joe
I really didn’t feel like being smart so here is a copied answer from an old thread that includes the logic. Lots of extra info too.

Most common brand amps are half-bridge and only use half the rail voltage inside the amp. They are less efficient than Brazilian amps, but are "more reliable". They can be wired lower than "equivalent" Brazilian (full bridge) amplifiers. Half bridge components are commonly over-built. When you wire lower, your amp sees less impedance. More current is allowed to flow. Beefy Korean amps have strong enough internal parts to handle the extra current flow. Brazilians are not "over-built" and cannot handle excessive current. They make their power by putting out a higher voltage, because they use the full rail voltage to drive the load. Also, they are more sensitive to voltage fluctuations. They don't like low or high voltage. The argument is that full bridge will never do rated power because of impedance rise. Koreans can be wired lower to compensate. Cost for the vehicle's electrical upgrades are significantly more for half-bridge amplifiers. It gets more technical than this, but I hope I've given a basic overview.

2 hd12’s will bang on that amp. I wouldnt focus on maxing/matching sub rms recommendation to amp rms since real Amp power realized by your electrical will differ from a controlled bench test. Factoring your solid electrical it will be close but also factor that those 4K max HD’s can likely take more. Good value just break em in correctly

i am 46 now and 3-4 days a week i have to deal with tinnitus... crazy loud ringing in the ears
some nights it is so loud hard to sleep
only relief is having some kind of noise or something going on
so sometimes i have to play tv/radio on up a little bit to mitigate the ringing

please be careful, if i could back time i would and adjust my system accordingly

i am 46 now and 3-4 days a week i have to deal with tinnitus... crazy loud ringing in the ears
some nights it is so loud hard to sleep
only relief is having some kind of noise or something going on
so sometimes i have to play tv/radio on up a little bit to mitigate the ringing

please be careful, if i could back time i would and adjust my system accordingly
we had a member here far older than you(20 years your senior) thats been bassing all his life with no issues at all. Bass affects the eardrums differently from higher frequencies and is not as damaging. What destroys ears is the 1000hz and up frequencies especially in the 5000-8000 range where the sibilance and harshness is. Because the higher the frequency, the faster the sound vibrates and that cuts through your ear drums. While subsonic bass notes have a much longer wavelength and sound vibrates a lot slower.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.