How Loud is 5000 watts RMS

This question might be stupid but I have a Cadillac escalade that I'm shoving 5000 watts in. The loudest system I ever had was 1500 watts RMS. I really dont know what to expect. I want that kind of Bass that can be heard from atleast a block away. My electrical is 100%. 2/0 welding cable, 3 xs power batteries, 2 mechman 370 alternators and SMD fuse holders and fuses. Any response is welcome even if you wanna be smart and sarcastic. Thanks in advance

You DO realize most people consider an overly loud car stereo to be an irritant? :-(

I play my car stereos for MY benefit, not that of others.

John Kuthe...

we had a member here far older than you(20 years your senior) thats been bassing all his life with no issues at all. Bass affects the eardrums differently from higher frequencies and is not as damaging. What destroys ears is the 1000hz and up frequencies especially in the 5000-8000 range where the sibilance and harshness is. Because the higher the frequency, the faster the sound vibrates and that cuts through your ear drums. While subsonic bass notes have a much longer wavelength and sound vibrates a lot slower.
Finally, an explanation I can turn to when my girlfriend yells at me to turn the bass down because i’m going to “loose my hearing”!

Its true that your ears are most easily damaged at the frequencies they are most sensitive at hearing, but sub bass absolutely can damage your hearing. Don't kid yourself about the possible consequences.

What subs and amp(s) are you running? That might give us a better idea. There are variables involved.
Cool looking VW Beetle! :)
I used to have two 8" Bozak aluminum cone drivers with coaxial Bozak tweeters in cabinets built to fit in the luggage compartment behind the rear seats of my 1969 VW Beetle back in my daze! Sounded GREAT too! The motorboards were slanted forward towards the driver's head (me)!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.