How Loud is 5000 watts RMS

Yeah that's one thing I can say for the Yukon that drives by shaking up the whole main street.. He doesn't have a single audible rattle. No license plate slapping or tin-canning on the frame. It just sounds like bass.

My car is 55 years old and all you hear is the bass. Rattling license plates and trunks are annoying. Two 15's in the right box on a 5K, the right electrical and tuned right will be heard. I'm wondering if the OP will hook everything up and drive a different car a couple of blocks away to see if he can hear it?

With the right enclosure and vehicle it doesn't take a ton. Obviously he's invested in a better alt and at least one other battery to get where he's at, but mostly he's just tuned very low, objects in the room resonated, and his windows were down. You can't see a box from the rear windows either, so he may even be able to seat 4-5 people. It's not a Yukon XL btw, those can seat a small army.
Yes that is very true. ive invested into those things as well and the enclosure is speaker specific

My car is 55 years old and all you hear is the bass. Rattling license plates and trunks are annoying. Two 15's in the right box on a 5K, the right electrical and tuned right will be heard. I'm wondering if the OP will hook everything up and drive a different car a couple of blocks away to see if he can hear it?
Gonna most likely ride somewhere secluded and measure how far away I walk until I cant hear it anymore

Yes that is very true. ive invested into those things as well and the enclosure is speaker specific
Don't forget to think of your vehicle as an enclosure as well. It's almost as important as the subwoofer enclosure that your vehicle is accounted for in your sound designs, especially if you want sound quality and a flat response.

Just because you have a 5k doesn't mean you're getting 5k after all the variables involved. If you want a true 5k rms. then you should start with about 8k. Regardless, just wanting to be heard from blocks away, shouldn't be your #1 goal with your system. I've got HOA letters for vibrating my neighbors furniture. That wasn't my goal. My goal was good all-around system. Not bass heavy or a treble Rebel.
Not sure if you know anything about the HCCA amps from Orion but a 5k is basically an 8k at 1 ohm. The criminally lie on the birth sheets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.