how long is the braking period sundown

Yeah im not to well versed on naming parameters to there exact use, but i seen fresh recones go bad from not letting glue set.
As far as what you mentioned tho in other subs it is true.

Break in periods are not needed especially for a lowend install.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
IMO you've seen people doing it wrong. If you use CA glue with activator you can beat on them pretty much as soon as you can get them mounted. If they break it's because you didn't build them strong enough or are simply throwing more power at them than the parts can handle.

I'm pretty well convinced that 99% of "break in" mythology is beneficial only from psycho somantics. The people who "wait for their mids and tweeters to break in" will listen to it for a week and then they will get used to the particular sound of the new drivers. The guy "going easy" on his subs is only going to increase power little by slowly when he does start pushing them towards their limits and likely will learn those limits more often than the guy trying to just throw as much as he can at them right out of the gate.

Most of the stuff I've played with, the suspension softens up a LOT very quickly.... like within 20 minutes of moderate to high excursion then softens more and more gradually over time from there, but certainly if you do a bit of driving I'd hazard to guess 85% of the parameter's changing would happen in the first few days of use in a normal routine driving to and from work, to the store, whatever.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.