How long does it take for cold subs to warm up

Just play them low level for about 10 min to warm up the voice coil. You think thats cold its -32 celsius here today, I have to keep my seats down to let heat blow in there to warm it up, you are lucky, they sound different too when it's cold because of air density.

****in A its cold up here in canada, stupid calgary with its always changing temperature, 2 weeks ago it was sunny and there was no more snow(barely) now after 3 days its ****in -32 celcius and theres like a foot of snow everywhere!

Originally posted by muffmanaj Hi i live in iowa and the temp here is 15-20 degrees out and when my subs get cold they sound different why is this also how long should it take them to warm up
Hey man, where in Iowa do you live? I live in Walnut, about 50 mins east of Council Bluffs on I-80.

D@MN, there's a lot of us Iowa boys on here! Just thought I'd let you guys know that I'm from the area...I'm all over the state though. Sometimes up north by mason city, sometimes in the des moines area,occasionally in ceder falls, and sometimes down southeast of council bluffs. Its good to know that there are some other Iowans out there thumpin!

JELLYDIME

Originally posted by jellydime D@MN, there's a lot of us Iowa boys on here! Just thought I'd let you guys know that I'm from the area...I'm all over the state though. Sometimes up north by mason city, sometimes in the des moines area,occasionally in ceder falls, and sometimes down southeast of council bluffs. Its good to know that there are some other Iowans out there thumpin!

JELLYDIME
he he - corn fed mule here too! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

look to the left! :p

take it easy,

-zane

I don't even play my subs when it's near -32C. I keep them at ATT until about -10, and the car is warmed up for a while. I'd rather not risk anything, although I've heard that the chance of actually damaging a sub from cold temperature is small.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.