how is Pyle pro audio

250 watts on an efficient 12" can EASILY be heard 3 houses away. 1k on an 18" will literally be heard blocks away. Bad attention. Also is your home electrical up to 1kw?
Any standard home electrical outlet built after WWII can easily handle a 1kw amp. Less current draw than a hair dryer.

My two 12's @600w cannot be heard from the street 150 feet away, but knock things off the shelves all over my house. Watching The Dark Knight cleared off a shelf in the upstairs bathroom.

you receiver doesnt have a subout, then you are gonna need to get a plate amp with speaker level inputs, the rack mount doesnt have those
you could get 2 of these

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-752

the dayton plate amps dont have speakr level inputs
I second the Bash amps, but several of the dayton plate amps do have speaker level inputs. Mine do.

Get the BASH, Daytons or step up to a crown XTI or 202.

1400 watts at 4 ohm (bridged), Full DSP processing = $339

http://www.audiolines.com/product.php?productid=17231

Pyle = Pile of ****. Waste of money. I woudn't buy Behringer either, but I know many people have had good luck with them.

Good luck finding a home/pro audio amp that will put out that power at 1 or 2 ohms.

How about 1400 watts at 4 ohms bridged for $370 shipped?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Open-Crown-XTi-1000-XTI1000-HiQnet-AMP-Power-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ220406546319QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item335140ff8f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1308|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

These XTi's will never fail you. You could also search for some older amps if you want to save on the budget.

partsexpress has a bunchof plate amps onsale right now. I just got the flier. Also google buttkicker amp, it does like 1000w or something. Is it just music? Then yea 500w is fine, but if you are gonna do big subs with super low tuning, then get all the power you can
yeah google buttkicker amp + fire its funny. FK beringer i hate their crap I like qsc I would try dayton for a plate amp but I don't like plate amps. but what ever you do do not waste money on pyle or studio pro type crap.

Don't buy a dayton plate amp. I have the 240w one and its nice if you want a clean looking audiophile type subwoofer but if you want to get loud and probably sound better, buy a behringer ep2500 for $250. 2400 watts rms at 4 ohm. You run them on rca to 1/4" (microphone input style) cable or on rca to xlr cable. You would want to run a receiver as a preamplifier to get more signal voltage, not a big deal. Use the sub out on the receiver to y splitter to rca to 1/4" plug.

Hometheatershack.com has been using these things for a long long time to run their HT subs.

the dayton plate amps are very sensitive to bad grounds. Great thing about the b ehringer is that what behringer did was steal a classic QSC amp design and then sell it for half the price. It is virtually the same amp as the QSC rmx 2450.

I was looking for an amp soon for my fi q 18 @ 28hz

I'm currently powering it with around 200watt from a car amp+ 22amp psu setup.

It's already freaking loud. My dog and my cat freaks out when i push the sub a little.

You don't need that much wattage in home seriously.... but i'm interrest with the 2400@4ohm amp. Seriously why is it so cheap?

Also, people at your party will wonder why they feel the air moving so much and aren't hearing the bass that much...

I was looking for an amp soon for my fi q 18 @ 28hzI'm currently powering it with around 200watt from a car amp+ 22amp psu setup.

It's already freaking loud. My dog and my cat freaks out when i push the sub a little.

You don't need that much wattage in home seriously.... but i'm interrest with the 2400@4ohm amp. Seriously why is it so cheap?

Also, people at your party will wonder why they feel the air moving so much and aren't hearing the bass that much...
Its cheap b/c its a behringer. Behringer is usually garbage gear but their amps perform to rated specs because they stole the design from QSC. Win win for the consumer.

Its cheap b/c its a behringer. Behringer is usually garbage gear but their amps perform to rated specs because they stole the design from QSC. Win win for the consumer.
ok and what kind of electrical upgrade are needed? i mean, dryers are around 1600-2000

ok and what kind of electrical upgrade are needed? i mean, dryers are around 1600-2000
You will need a battery, 0 gauge wire, and a bigger alternator.

Just plug it into the wall socket and you may want a preamplifier to get a level boost. Get a cheap dj mixer or a Art Cleanbox.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.