How high of wattage does my components need to be?

Mr.meyhem
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Im hooking up a Cadence XAH250.2 its 500 watts at 4 ohms one channel and i plan on putting in one pair of components. Im looking at a pair or alpine type r's to put in. does anybody have any recommendations of a different pair? and what range to I want to be looking at for rms and peak on the components?

Thanks.

idk I'm new so half of it prbly doesn't make sense lol

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

basically I'm trying to figure out how many watts rms my component speakers should have for a Cadence XAH250.2 amp.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

thats run at 4 ohms

idk I'm new so half of it prbly doesn't make sense lol 

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

basically I'm trying to figure out how many watts rms my component speakers should have for a Cadence XAH250.2 amp.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

thats run at 4 ohms
Well for one you arent gunna bridge that amp for comps... You will need to figure out how to set your gains with a DMM...

and i have Gbob2003 to help me out some. he knows a lot more that i do. I'm putting in an obsidian 15 on an audiopipe apsm 1300 if that counts for anything. prbly not. but the components need to be loud cuz we're tuning the box to 27hrz at 2.9 cubes. but i reel don't like kickers sound quality so I'm also looking for a good speaker not just loud

yeah I'm going to do some deadening. cuz it'll def move **** it my car. (09 honda civic coupe) thanks for the advise so far. do you know any components that run 125 rms that r 6.5 inch?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.