how high do you guys turn up the volume for a demo?

newb
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Mainly owners of Eclipse HU's and Alpine HU's. In my daily driver which has the Eclipse HU, Im scared of going close to 50, I think 80's max. And on the weekend car, which has the Alpine HU, Im scared to go over 18/19, I think 30's max.

i max out on my deck to showoff. if the audiences' impressions arent how i want them to be, i max my gains all out. that should do the trick.

in all seriousness, just go with whatever you feel safe with.

I turn it up to were I have my gains set. On the Eclipse deck that's at 60. I have an 8053 btw, which is for sale //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

i turn my gain to max cuz i use that as the volume
uh, not a good idea....gain is supposed to be set at a certain level, and you use your radios volume control to turn things up.....turn up the gain too much and you're gonna blow some speakers.

btw, my gain is set about at 1/4 . I turn the volume up all the way, then if thats not enough, my radio has sliders for bass and treble...I turn the bass one up all the way.

uh, not a good idea....gain is supposed to be set at a certain level, and you use your radios volume control to turn things up.....turn up the gain too much and you're gonna blow some speakers.
btw, my gain is set about at 1/4 . I turn the volume up all the way, then if thats not enough, my radio has sliders for bass and treble...I turn the bass one up all the way.
lol, thanks

meh, my deck does not have the gay numbers like 1-30 volume

mine reads db level //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I use the same volume for a demo that I use when I drive around. I set my gains for 70/80 on Eclipse 8445.

The max volume you should use directly relates to how you have your gains set.

Not that it matters since all these ratings are pretty relative, but I use 5 bellow max of 35. My HU puts out max preamp voltage at max volume, there is no clipping from the HU per tests.

Azbass, grats on the db volume control, means **** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I use whatever is going to sound the best per song, honestly. I have a bass restoration unit, features on the HU that effect the preamp voltage, and features on the amp that also play a part. Giving any specific number would be pointless.

Pzaully

You are an idiot.

Triple FTW.

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.