How Far Down is or going Car Audio

As for the new ipod generation, when they come into my shop they want Fast and Cheap not concerned about the quality

I have put a few of them in one of the SQ cars, they seem to get impatient, it’s not interactive enough for them, they don’t want to sit still and quite long enough to feel and see the music with their ears

The ones that seem to be interested in what I call “Car Show Stereo” (Not Car Audio)

They bring in a magazine; with a trunk (boot) full of air brushed fiberglass “I want this!” (I try to explain it will not sound good) their response “I just want it to look good”

I believe a lot of this lack or disrespect of quality; started with the FM-Modulator

Sacrifice all the Sound Quality for the convenience

I have always considered the Fm modulated Cd changer one of the most ridicules ideas to come along (Cd sound pipe threw the Radio tuner) after years and years of Radio Sound

Why not pipe in 5,000 badly recorded songs once again threw an Fm tuner

We have allowed the Consumer to Dumb Down Sound Quality for the sake of Convenience

Now after six to ten years of this poor sound quality practice, this is where we are at.

We have Dumb down the consumers with these crazy Watt Ratings for years and years (I tell my customer to ignore and forget the Watts; the watts rating mean nothing because they ALL Lie)

The manufactures and uneducated, lazy Car Audio Dealears have allowed and promoted the over rating of Watts, has caused nothing but confusions and credibility issues

I see the same thing happening with unrealistic Subwoofer enclosure designs (no air space boxes, subs mounted two feet from your ears)

Then the SPL, Db thing was a short term Thrill Ride. Seemed like a kool idea at the time

However now I believe it has taken us in the wrong direction, by eliminating or taking out all types of Quality (Installation, Safety and Sound) has left us with a bad image, lack of interest and enthusiasm to open public. I’m not saying their is no place for the spl vehicles only has taken us down a narrow road in the wrong direction

Public awareness, education and positive exposure to the industry is greatly needed

The Car Audio Manufactures have completely failed at this; the manufactures have allowed the uninformed public to lead us down the road of poor or no quality for the sake of convenience

im listening to the home system right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif vintage altec/denon/paradigm/PSB/krell
lets just say it sounds much better than my jeep!
good choice on the paradigm, i have some studio 100's and the servo 15 for my 2.1 HT.

I dont think the general public wanting convenience over sound quality is necessarily a new thing. I remember when CD's first came out, people didn't rave about the sound quality over cassettes, they liked the random access feature. And they liked that their favorite album would no longer be 'eaten' one night on the drive home from work.

I do believe the industry has taken a hit from the economy, and I agree the ipod generation has created a paradigm shift, but there are still companies out there making quality pieces. And I suspect there always will be, because there will always be those of us who congregate on message boards like this, gather in local hang-outs on saturday nights, or attend a local car audio event... because to them its about more than the shallow desires of the average person. True enthusiasts.

Then the SPL, Db thing was a short term Thrill Ride. Seemed like a kool idea at the timeHowever now I believe it has taken us in the wrong direction, by eliminating or taking out all types of Quality (Installation, Safety and Sound) has left us with a bad image, lack of interest and enthusiasm to open public. I’m not saying their is no place for the spl vehicles only has taken us down a narrow road in the wrong direction
I'll stand to say that you're absolutely wrong about this. MECA has installation classes for SPL, and every SPL class when being verified at a show has a certain number of baseline saftey checks a competitor must go thru before being approved for competition.

For a simple example of one of the rules, if someone doesn't have their battery(s) tied down mechanically somehow, they'll not be allowed to run.

Dan, I think he means the image it presents to the audience, fill the back of your ride with large heavy projectiles. True competitors will do it the safe way, but how often do we see posts here asking if a person really needs to fasten their speaker box to the vehicle. And the usual answer is if you want to do it right, use velcro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Its hard with todays economy especially when the most consumers are from the ages of 17-30 and lack of jobs and cash flow make it hard for anyone right now.

the usual answer is if you want to do it right, use velcro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
You mean that's not the proper way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Zier, How much weed do you smoke?
This made me spit up my cola, especially after looking at his ac/dc laced website.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.