How does this DIY look?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jinx8402
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
RI
First off I'm going to say my budget is about $150-$200 range. That being said my mids will be Vifa PL's 4 ohm version and Vifa D25 tweets. I will make the crossover myself, as it does not seem too complicated. My desired crossover point is 2500hz..should I set it higher though because the response of the tweeter is 2500-35000? from Parts Express, before shipping my total is $142.56, which is including the parts for the crossovers. Will this sound good for a budget comp set? They will be put in kicks that i also plan on doing myself. Thanks for any input, the sooner the better because I would really like to purchase these tonight/tommorow morning. Any other options for tweeters? I would like to be able to get them from Parts Express, so they will all be shipped from one place and I will get them at once...also will having a 4 ohm mid and 6 ohm tweeter affect anything such as my amp?

yes, if that 2500Hz is the minimum for the tweeters, I wouuld go for something slightly higher.

and btw, do you have an LCR meter at hand to measure the coil inductance? You lucky SOB, you.... that's what stopped me from building my own xovers...

yeah my dad has one, he works for an electrical manufacturing company, and gets to get alot of stuff either free, or a huge mark up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.