How does this design look

Well the problem right now is they are dual 2, sorry I thought i put that in there. So I am kind of screwed. I either have .5, .66, 1.3, or 2, depending on what sub config i go with. Originally I planned on running 4 in a different car, but i sold it so now I'm working with what I have at the moment. Anything is going to be better than nothing at this point, the lack of boom is driving me crazy! I am just looking for the best options for what i have, otherwise the wife may kill me. It is definitely not ideal just life //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Well the problem right now is they are dual 2, sorry I thought i put that in there. So I am kind of screwed. I either have .5, .66, 1.3, or 2, depending on what sub config i go with. Originally I planned on running 4 in a different car, but i sold it so now I'm working with what I have at the moment. Anything is going to be better than nothing at this point, the lack of boom is driving me crazy! I am just looking for the best options for what i have, otherwise the wife may kill me. It is definitely not ideal just life //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
That's definitely a decision you'll have to make... I'd do all 3 at .67 but I'm crazy... everyone was expecting me to smoke those CAB amps as I ran them at .5 ohm... it's really up to you... I'll help with whatever you decide on...

I got to playing around with 3-SA 10's... .67 ohm on that amp?.. maybe as high as 1850?.. that's 1500 or so in this box I came up with... as you see I gave you some extra port area in case the amp puts out a little more... so the port ought to be good for up to 1700 or so...that models out at 2150 before rise... it's at 28 m/s now at 1500 so you got some leeway either way... I added no bracing as dowels don't use much space... Now for those electrical upgrades

eu7Y0E.jpg

RENfoY.jpg

rGB1PY.jpg

3Sy0ei.jpg

ZHRuq6.jpg

It's port/sub back... in a Dart right?.. anyways... hope this helps

Wait a minute... you have 3 dual 2's?.. please explain how your gonna come up with a .67 ohm load... I just saw that information nugget... I'm getting old

Lets stop the throwing of random numbers around since a few members are clueless. I have this link that will end confusion...

JL Audio » header » Support » Tutorials » Tutorial: Wiring Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Subwoofer Drivers

OP, here's an idea for ya: either sell 1 sub off, and keep both, easier ohm load/wiring to work with or buy another same exact sub/size/model # save yourself the headache of weird ohm loads....

Also...you have 2 wiring options, not 4, IF you use all 3 subs. Final ohm load will be a choice of .33 or 1.33 ohms.

Thanks for the clarifications and help on things Boomin_tahoe and shredder2. Yesterday was a long day, and evidently my brain was mush. So I apologize for the wrong info I posted. At this point I am really just leaning towards ditching the 3rd sub. It will save me space, and simplify things. I actually have a fourth sub, I am just not willing to give up most of my trunk for it. At some point I will switch subs, so I may has well just keep it simple for now until I figure out what sound I am looking for, as I have not had enough custom sub enclosures to really figure that out.

well it's either subs back port to the side, or subs back port back. My ocd likes the clean look of port to the side, but the sound is what will win that battle. Who knows may build a couple boxes to try out. I can always use the practice!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.