HOw do you know when your amp is clipping?

well this ***** how am i suppose to see the amp clip to fix it if the amp is in my trunk?

it is possible to send an amp a clipped signal, that will be indicated by the clip light on the transmitter, or the input clip light on the amp. then on the other hand, it is possible for the amp to receive a clean signal fromt he head unit, then the amp itself clips the signal, which is indicated by the clip light in the output section of the amp.

my hifonics zx1000 doesnt have a clipping light it only has protect....will the protect light tell me if it is clipping??
No. Your protect light will come on when something is wrong and the amp is trying to protect itself i.e. wired too low, amp is too hot, low voltage, etc.

when the lower sounds of the music become louder and have a buzzin sound, that is clipping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

when the lower sounds of the music become louder and have a buzzin sound, that is clipping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
wrong. totally wrong. clipping essentially is a DC signal being sent to the speaker. so if you think about it, it is like a speaker is holding that note for extended periods of time building up heat, which is how it kills speakers. thats kind of the laymans terms, but you get the idea. its taking a ac sine wave and flatening out the peaks, to create a square wave.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.