How do you hook up a blade amp to 2 8w6s

Participant count
  • Participant list

tomz

We are trying to hook up a used amp. Blade Audio... This is a 2X200 watt 2-4ohm setup..

This amp has two distinct amps, 1 for each channel.

We setting two JL 8w6 with the voice coil & sub in parrallel(load of 3ohms). Hooked up one speaker to each channel. The amp didn't want to seem to drive it.. Couldn't get enough punch in this configuration. Our current configuration is to set both speakers up in parrallel which should result in a 1.5 ohm load, hooked up to one channel. This gives a lot more punch, but amp goes into protection mode after 10 mins. Still not the power we're looking for...

Does anyone have any suggestion how we could get these speakers to work with this amp?

Thanks for you help...

Tomz

amp is not stable below 2ohms....so you'll either need to wire in a series/parallel configuration ...they are dvc correct??? im assuming so....

3ohm load

spk2dvcs.gif

good luck

amp is not stable below 2ohms....so you'll either need to wire in a series/parallel configuration ...they are dvc correct??? im assuming so....

3ohm load

spk2dvcs.gif

if they are svc go w/ a series configuration

impspksr.gif

good luck

Thanks for the reply.

The 8w6 JL Audio uses a dual 6ohm load. We hooked them up in parralell which gave us a 3 ohm load... Correct?

We then hooked up another 8w6 in parrallel with the first speaker.. + to + & - to -.

I'm assuming that reduced our load to 1.5 ohms, since we have two speakers in parrallel.

Any advise on oh we can get to 3 ohms?

Also, we would like to hook both channels in parrallel from the amp.

Is this a bridge?

If each channel is 200w@4ohms, will it be 400 both channels hooked up in parrallel result in 400w@4 ohms?

I'm a little leary about tying the two channels together without discussing this with someone.

I appreciate the help, thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.