How do you guys secure your flared ports?

Participant count
  • Participant list

silenkiller
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
zz
Do you just screw the tops down to the wood? Or like do you glue the insides? I'm using 3 6 inch flared port setups from precision ports. First time I'm messing with them. Do you use like silicone instead of wood glue? So it'll stick around the pvc? How do you get the carpet under the flared end if its getting glued down??

Ahh confuseddddd lol

install after carpet and is this port permanent ?? or interchangable for tuning ??

is perm screw it down if changable drill mounting holes and use 1/4 " nuts and bolts

install after carpet and is this port permanent ?? or interchangable for tuning ??is perm screw it down if changable drill mounting holes and use 1/4 " nuts and bolts
Yeah but will those screws be strong enough to keep the port in place? Or should I secure the other end of the ports inside the box to the inner wall of the box with some kind of strapping?

i like to use a window brace if i think the other end needs support

or just do a u brace depending on how close to a wall it is

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.