How Do I Wire Up A Simple On/Off Switch???

Participant count
  • Participant list

cbunz55
10+ year member

I am wanting to wire up an on/off switch to my power inverter, but I have no idea how to, even with the instructions. The switch has a power, accessory, and ground terminal on it, and I don't know whether I have to run just the power to the power terminal and continue the wire out of the accessory terminal, or whether I also have to connect the ground to the ground terminal and reattach another wire to the same terminal and continue it to the inverter. Any help would be greatly appreciated on how to do this.

No, it is the wire you are supposed to run to whatever is going to be turned on and off. Nothing to do with a switched 12 volt source. Any ideas??

If I remember correctly..Power is from the car,ground go's to the chassis(the ground wire ) and accesory wires to what you want to turn on and off. But dont take this as gospel.I've never wired an inverter .I've got one that I use for my amp.It is a bit confusing,I agree.

Thanks man. This is just a 20 amp switch that I got at Autozone that I am installing myself. I am gonna leave the inverter switch always on and also the PS2 switch always on, and just put a switch like this that way it will be very simple to turn it on. Thanks again.

The ground terimal on the switch is for the lite on the switch to come on when there is power coming out of the accessory. Run 12v fused to the power terinmal and run the accessory to your inverter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.