how do i wire one sub to this amp?

Bleedout

this is probably a dumb question, but i need to know how to do it right..

i just bought a rockford bd1500 from a friend for $200 and i want to do a single sub install, the sub will be a 12" sundown x dvc 2ohm

the question is how do i wire this sub to the amp since it has 2 channels? i know its mono but my kicker zx1000 only had one channel, and this amp has 2+ speaker inputs and 2-'s. so i dont know which ones to run the sub to, if i had 2 subwoofers it would be self explanatory but this isn't the case, if i only used one+ and one - on the amp wouldnt that not allow it to put out full power at 1ohm? any help would be highly apreciated.

You should not run that amp at 1 ohm. It's a 2 ohm stable amp. There are 2 outputs to make it easier to connect multiple subs. It is a mono and internally only has 1 output. You will have to run your sub at 4 ohm if it is dvc 2 ohm.

Even though there are to sets, they are wired together on the inside of the amp. Wire your sub to one ohm, and only use one set of speaker hook ups, most amps will indicate which set to use for a single sub set up. Google dvc sub wireing, it will show you how.
mac this is a bd1500.1 and not a 1500.1bd. Confusing but if it is the bd1500.1 it is only 2 ohm stable.

i'm sorry for the confusion its the T1500-1bd, the black one, pretty small, it didnt come with the box or anything but he said it's 1ohm stable, he said it puts out around 1850 rms at 1ohm

ok thanks, so pretty much it doesnt matter which positive or negative i use on the amp? since it's linked internally? sorry for so many questions, just trying to clear up the fog ! and all ive done is the big 3 and put a yellow top under the hood, i used to have a kicker zx1500 on 2 12"fi q's in a pro box in the same vehicle that i'm doing this install in, i moved the Fi Q's to my wifes car, i did the electrical upgrades then

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bleedout

Bleedout
Houston TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Bleedout