How do I wire my dual voice coil sub to my amp?

• Thread starter clueless
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
C

clueless

I have an Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1D and a JBL 300.1 amp. How should I wire the system to get the highest performance? Please explain in pretty simple terms. I knew to this who thing.

Ok, there is two ways that I know to do this and I am not exactly sure how the one way is different than the other.

If it's a two channel amp then run one side of the amp to one coil and run the other side to the other coil.

or you bridge the amp and run the wire to the 1st coil and then run it to the second coil. Do you get what I mean?? Run the wire to the positive and negative to the 1st coil then run a wire out of the 1st coil to the second coil.

on your sub:

run a wire that connects the 2 (+)'s

run another wire that connects the 2 (-)'s

Then go from amp (+) to one of the sub (+)'s

and from amp (-) to sub (-) on the same vc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.