How do I strap (2) AQ 1200d's?

Take + connect to MASTER +

Take - connect to SLAVE +

Connect negative terminals on amp to each other

Set master amp switch to MASTER

Set slave amp switch to SLAVE

Connect strapping RCA from master to slave

I will be running a pair of aq 1200d's on a hdc3 12, d1. How do I go about strapping the amps?
You take the negatives on the both amps and connect them with speaker wire.

Then you take your positive on one amp to the negative on the speaker, and take the other positive on the other amp and put that to the positive on the speaker.

Like this, sorry for bad drawing, hard to do on computer.

AMPCONNEC.jpg

Sorry to post on your thread Dacheatham, but I figured if you guys were already taking about the subject why not ask the pros on this. I have one of those aq1200s on a DD3512 dual 2 ohm and I love it! I was thinking of getting another aq1200 to strap for burps but I was wondering if u guys happen to know what the power would be at 4 ohms since I can't run 2 strapped at 1 ohm? Also another question.... When u strap these amps do gains have to be matched or does the master automatically take charge?Thanks for input in advance.

in order to strap two amps, you stack them on top of each other, then take a bungee cord and wrap it around both of them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dacheatham

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
dacheatham
Russellville, Arkansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date