how do i make this port

Ok the dimensions are H=15 3/4 W=41 1/2 D= 27 3/4 in. That's sub facing up. The box is a lil too big I think so the port displacement will be good.

Ok the dimensions are H=15 3/4 W=41 1/2 D= 27 3/4 in. That's sub facing up. The box is a lil too big I think so the port displacement will be good.
You wouldn't happen to drive an explorer would you? 41.5 is the exact dimension between the wheel wells in a 2nd gen explorer.

That box is 6.6ft^3 total(you said the whole box was double layered 3/4" MDF). What kind of sub(s) do you have? and what size and length are your aero ports?

You wouldn't happen to drive an explorer would you? 41.5 is the exact dimension between the wheel wells in a 2nd gen explorer.
That box is 6.6ft^3 total(you said the whole box was double layered 3/4" MDF). What kind of sub(s) do you have? and what size and length are your aero ports?
I came up with 7.03FT3 before ports sub(s) and bracing. I might have done something wrong?

**edited because I cant read lol

So I want to just chop it up put a L port in and have it facing rear with sub facing up. Tuned to 28 hz to murder those lows. I have one OA18. Now tell me wjat iI need to do to get it tuned right.

Oh and yes it's a mountaineer. Weird thing is the box wasn't made for my sub lol.

I measured the port w, just measured across it... 6 1/4. Length is 7 3/4

port 12.75highx5.5wide

L1 20.75

L2 6

FB 28

this isnt taking into account for sub or port displacement, and is based on RE's box calculator....some say not the best.

Which of these specs on the port should I be changing to get the tuning how I want? On re caclulator do I adjust port width or length to get the tuning I want? Its confusing

Which of these specs on the port should I be changing to get the tuning how I want? On re caclulator do I adjust port width or length to get the tuning I want? Its confusing
The longer the port the lower the tuning, also if you make the port narrower for a given length it will effectively lower tuning as well.

I hope someone that has bassbox will chime in and give you some help as well. My disc is lost after moving.

The longer the port the lower the tuning, also if you make the port narrower for a given length it will effectively lower tuning as well.I hope someone that has bassbox will chime in and give you some help as well. My disc is lost after moving.
So when I put in the dimensions on RE calc, it says 6.6 cubic feet with a 1.5 in wide port. When i alter the port to get 32hz (7 inch wide, 8 in port L2, tell me if i should do that differently?) the cubic feet goes down to 4.9. Is that normal and ok? Doesnt seem to be counting any space inside the port so idk. This sub asks for about 6 cubic feet tuned 28-32

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.