how do i make this port

I cant find any info on 6/75" inner dia aeros, but I will give you a suggested port length for (2) 6" dia aeros to tunes to 28 hz and that is 26.5" long each, and you can use tubes from Home Depot and 90* elbows if needed. This length is not including the flares

Looks like you are tuned around 46 hz right now, not safe for that sub.

If you were to just seal one of the ports and leave other as is it would tune you to around 31 hz

I cant find any info on 6/75" inner dia aeros, but I will give you a suggested port length for (2) 6" dia aeros to tunes to 28 hz and that is 26.5" long each, and you can use tubes from Home Depot and 90* elbows if needed. This length is not including the flaresLooks like you are tuned around 46 hz right now, not safe for that sub.

If you were to just seal one of the ports and leave other as is it would tune you to around 31 hz
Well what would be the best way to seal it

Also does it matter that the ports arent coming out of the box at all? like in the picutre there just screwed into the port hole

So this box is only double baffled on the top where the sub is coming out, I cant figure out how to account for just one slab being 1.5 thickness and the rest being .75

On torress doing the box at .75 thickness its more like 8.6 cubic ft. So if I seal one port, and it still doesnt hit the lows, could it be because my box is TOO big?

Last edited by a moderator:
So this box is only double baffled on the top where the sub is coming out, I cant figure out how to account for just one slab being 1.5 thickness and the rest being .75On torress doing the box at .75 thickness its more like 8.6 cubic ft. So if I seal one port, and it still doesnt hit the lows, could it be because my box is TOO big?
Bigger box=lower bass.

If you removed port and sealed with a board with liquid nails and screws you will be fine.

With the new info on box thickness it makes this more guesswork, but that 31hz I stated to you will be lower with more airspace internally.

Oh, and the port inside or outside makes no difference except that inside you deduct its displacement from calculations

Bigger box=lower bass.
If you removed port and sealed with a board with liquid nails and screws you will be fine.

With the new info on box thickness it makes this more guesswork, but that 31hz I stated to you will be lower with more airspace internally.

Oh, and the port inside or outside makes no difference except that inside you deduct its displacement from calculations
Ok man you have been a huge help I apreciate it

I've decided to close both ports up and re aero port it with just one facing the rear instead of up. So sub up port back. I might chop off the width to get close to 6 cubes as well, that or put more **** in it for displacement lol

Bigger box=lower bass.

One more question for ya. If i finnaly get this box tuned low is it gonna make a big difference like I'm expecting? Right now it looks to be tuned high 40s and it's an 18 OA. it hits but my 12 hdc3 blew it out of the water hard even on lows.

Yeah it is basically unloading the driver below 40 or thereabouts instead of re-enforcing those frequencies.

You might see around 6db boost in the lower notes after the repair. 3db around port frequency is normal, but also you are losing at below tuning now so 6db+from 30-40 hz sounds reasonable.

3db is what is considered an audible increase, and 6db will sound a lot louder.

To use up internal space you can add lots of bracing as well. The less flex a box has the better sounding and louder the bass

Yeah it is basically unloading the driver below 40 or thereabouts instead of re-enforcing those frequencies.You might see around 6db boost in the lower notes after the repair. 3db around port frequency is normal, but also you are losing at below tuning now so 6db+from 30-40 hz sounds reasonable.

3db is what is considered an audible increase, and 6db will sound a lot louder.

To use up internal space you can add lots of bracing as well. The less flex a box has the better sounding and louder the bass
Ok I finished remaking a port on it its tuned to 28 hz. It is officially a monster its a day and night difference. So happy. I might mess with putting stuff in it for displacement later but for now im solid. Thanks so much for your advice man much appreciated you helped a ton.

Before and after shots.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.