how do i make this port

Nowhere near enough port area..... You're choking your sub
He is way better off than he was.

He isnt a box builder, and making both ports would have resulted in really long ports with elbows.

At least he wont be playing below tuning now so driver damage potential is wayyy reduced.

I have a single 6" port in my HT 18 6.7ft3 net, and I dont hear any port noise with 2Kw going to it.

He also plans to make the box smaller as well, so this is just temporary.

He is way better off than he was.He isnt a box builder, and making both ports would have resulted in really long ports with elbows.

At least he wont be playing below tuning now so driver damage potential is wayyy reduced.

I have a single 6" port in my HT 18 6.7ft3 net, and I dont hear any port noise with 2Kw going to it.

He also plans to make the box smaller as well, so this is just temporary.
Uhh... Okay... I'll just bite my tongue on that one. Have fun with your 4 in port per ft

Uhh... Okay... I'll just bite my tongue on that one. Have fun with your 4 in port per ft
Maybe I would think you were interested in helping, but your derogatory undertone tells the real story.

Several ppl saying what not to do, but where were you when he asked for help, or where is the "SAGE" advice now?

Maybe I would think you were interested in helping, but your derogatory undertone tells the real story.
Several ppl saying what not to do, but where were you when he asked for help, or where is the "SAGE" advice now?
He has half the port area he should so it's going to still sound like trash. Add another 6" aero and adjust port length accordingly. There's the advice.

He has half the port area he should so it's going to still sound like trash. Add another 6" aero and adjust port length accordingly. There's the advice.
Bad day here, didnt mean to come off like a ****.

Anyway I agree 2 ports is better, but he is going to reduce box size.

When he rebuilds box would be a better time to buy tubing and port it correctly, based on remaining volume, or just do a slot port.

Bad day here, didnt mean to come off like a ****.
Anyway I agree 2 ports is better, but he is going to reduce box size.

When he rebuilds box would be a better time to buy tubing and port it correctly, based on remaining volume, or just do a slot port.
I'd just recommend him to go ahead and redo the box ASAP. Maybe even get a design from Buck or get someone to build it so there's little to no room for error

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.