How do i lower the bass in my speakers?

Usmcgrunt471

I just put a new Sony deck, 4 channel amp (hooked to factory speakers), sub amp and 12" sub in my car. The last aftermarket deck i had had bass/treble/mid straightforward adjustment. This deck has EQ10 adjustment and each setting has this jibberish

Band 1-32Hz

Band 2-63Hz

Band 3-125Hz

Band 4-250Hz

Band 5-500Hz

Band 6-1kHz

Band 7-2kHz

Band 8-4kHz

Band 9-8kHz

Band 10-16kHz

And the volume on each is in 1dB steps, 6 up 6 down

On a regular deck i usually have the treble one click below max, and the mid 2 or 3 clicks up from 0.

How do i lower the bass from my speakers? My sub is hitting hard but wen i turn my volume up past 18, the bass in my front & rear speakers sounds like its gona blow em up.

Thank u in advance for the help!

I would set your HPF properly by increasing it on your amplifier. You want to adjust your EQ on your headunit last, after setting all of your crossovers. unless you're using your headunit's HPF

The lower bands are lower frequencies, the higher bands are higher.low starting at 1 high ending at 10. Does your new deck have a integral crossover?

I have no idea what a crossover is...soooo idk. I have even less knowledge of the amp adjustments lol should i just take it to a shop and have em adjust it for me?
No dont waste your money you could have just done some basic research or basic fiddling with your system, its not rocket science.

32hz is really really low bass thats rumbly. (subwoofer range)

63hz is going to be your normal bass in music, (still kinda subwoofer range but stock door speakers play it too)

125hz is midbass kick with drums and such.

250hz is also within midbass region but some deep vocals reach this low too.

500hz hz is going to be instruments.

1khz is normal vocals with some instruments.

2khz is female vocals

4khz is reaching the treble region, snares, high hats, sibiliance(SSSSS sounds in music)

8khz basically similar to the top with a few extras

16khz very airy sound, doubt you'll hear too much difference playing with this with a stock system.

crossovers cut frequencies that your speakers will play.

look for a high pass filter option that will cut off all the lower bass and protect your speakers.

Just play around ITS NOT THAT HARD

I did try and search for this stuff but it confused the hell outta me. The model is an MEX-GS610BT
Already listed the information for you man. If that still confuses you, then take it to the shop, you are waaay over your head then. tell them to tune the time alignment, equalizer and amplifier settings. Time alignment is pretty major so dont forget that detail.

I understand what you wrote jeffdachef, i was sayin the stuff i found in my searches confused me. Ill mess with the bands some more and keep a screenshot of what u wrote
When you are messing with the bands don't boost anything. You can't add what's not there. They are designed to cut unwanted peaks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.