How do I hook my subwoofer to my amp

c.mitchel.gill2018

CarAudio.com Newbie
NE
Hello, Ive got a nvx nsw124v2 12" 4 ohm 350 watt rms subwoofer and a boss audio 1000 watt amp. I'm dropping it to 2ohms cause my amp will put out too many watts at 4 omhs if I bridge it. So my question is how do I wire my sub to my amp without bridging it? Cause at 4 channels it's 250 watts x4 channels and at 2 channels bridged it is at 500 watts x 2 and that will be too many watts. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Are your subwoofers dual voice coil? Either way wire down as low as the amp is stable to because impedance rise and the fact music is dynamic. if your gain is set properly which im going to guess you don't know the process seeing as how you don't know how to wire everything up....any rate your amp will never see a constant ohm load nor will it put out a constant wattage to the subs

I only have one and yes it is a dual voice coil. The way I'm seeing it is negative to negative jumper then positive and negative to sub box. Then sub box to amp left positive and right negative. So if I understand correctly turn the gain down and slowly go up till it sounds right?. That's what I'm getting out of it ....the only reason I'm asking is cause the amps bigger than the rms of the sub and I just don't want to blow the sub. I just want to do it right

Chance that you will blow the sub on that amplifier isn't all that great. That amp is not going to put out anywhere CLOSE to what they claim their RMS numbers are on it. Look up dynos on their amplifiers on Youtube. Basically no better then a flea market brand amplifier anymore and that is being generous.

The dual voice coils are 2 ohms each? (assumed the v2 at the end of the model number you posted). So if you do one jumper, negative to negative then you've done half of a parallel connection. How are the wires going from your box connection to the speaker? Positive to Positive and negative to negative? They way you described would only fire one of the two coils. What final ohms are you trying to get to?

here's a good tutorial 204374200-Dual-Voice-Coil-DVC-Wiring-Tutorial

Hello, Ive got a nvx nsw124v2 12" 4 ohm 350 watt rms subwoofer and a boss audio 1000 watt amp. I'm dropping it to 2ohms cause my amp will put out too many watts at 4 omhs if I bridge it. So my question is how do I wire my sub to my amp without bridging it? Cause at 4 channels it's 250 watts x4 channels and at 2 channels bridged it is at 500 watts x 2 and that will be too many watts. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

This should help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.