How do i get this to stop rattling?!

bmk6795
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
2012-11-25_15-03-45_947.jpg

How am i supposed to stop this from rattling? The 2 grey hoses are stuck in there by the bolt that has the nut welded onto the metal. I can't fit any weather stripping under it and i know deadener wont stop it, any ideas on how to stop it?

Thanks guys, gonna go see if i can get the bolt out, only have about 2.5 inches clearance from the bolt to the roof though, gonna be fun to get out and back in.

Ive used expandable foam in other parts of the car but theres really no way to get the foam in there as its literally sealed shut, couldnt get at the head of the bolt with the screwdriver i had so im prolly gonna have to take grind the welds off, put some weather stripping on each side and re weld the nut if it needed it.

Theres gotta be a way to get the bolt out, unless they put it in before the roof went on. Does it have like a 10mm bolt head or a phillips head.

A slim ratchet, or a wrench that you custom bent might work? Maybe you can use a flat head screw driver to bend it open, or tweak it just right so it stops rattling?

Its a phillips head screw but theres almost no room to get the head of the screwdriver onto the screw, ive got a rod that has a phillips head and flat head on each end, gonna try and bend the flat head part straight and see if i can get it out that way.

If there is 2.5 inches clearance, that is plenty of room. Use a ratchet with an adapter for those mini screw driver bits. Yeah, No?

If there is 2.5 inches clearance, that is plenty of room. Use a ratchet with an adapter for those mini screw driver bits. Yeah, No?
This....have had to do that many times. Pretty sure I use a 1/4" 6 point socket and the bits fit perfectly...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.