how do i get a deeper sound out of my sealed box

lamontjersey
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
nj
i have this pioneer TS-W33C 12" subwoofer in a sealed box, it sounds very solid and loud but, i want a more deep bass, this has a hard knocking sound better suited for rap music , im looking for a very low deep bass, for jazz and stuff like that. this sub seems to require a lot of input to make bass, its like, you have to turn up the volume a bit to get it to produce, im looking for deep bass at low volume input..dont get me wrong this woofer sounds very good, very load but i guess what im saying is i need a more sensitive sub-box set up.. is there a way to deepen this sub?? i think its made for a sealed box only.

ps, if i put a hood on the side of the box w here the woofer is and p ut lets say a 5 inch hole on it so that all the sound has to go through that hole how would it sound. also, could some one suggest a 12" sugwoofer t hat is very sensitive and has deep rich bass, i wont be putting more than 100 watts into it, so you dont have to worry about all that.

building a box up to 25 percent larger than recommended specs will give you a deeper sound, but you will lose transient response and make the power handling threshold of the woofer lower. If all you listen to is jazz and some rock then this idea will probably work unless you have an ungodly amount of power on your subs. The polyfil idea also works, it tricks the woofer into thinking it is in a larger enclosure than it is, but if it doesn't give you the desired results, try rebuilding the box.......

the sub says to use a 1.5 cubic foot box, i used a 1.75 box, question, would that r12 insulation work as well as poly fill? what if i compress the R-12? i just have a bunch of that insulation in the basement already.

and why do you doubt that? 1000 max to each, not rms
What you send a sub becomes the RMS, it is no longer the max. A sub can have 250 watt RMS and 500 max, but if you are powering it with a 400 watt amp, it is seeing a 400 watt RMS load, not 400 max.

That, and that Infinity's have a thermal rating of 350 RMS.

What kind of amp do you have?

hmm, well i just got one of my subs less than a week ago but ive had the other one running on 1000 watts for over a year now so i dont know, i heard from a crutchfield advisor that its easier to blow a sub by running it under the rms than over it because it has to work harder to draw the power

hmm, well i just got one of my subs less than a week ago but ive had the other one running on 1000 watts for over a year now so i dont know
On a p.o.s. Legacy amp....you are NOT sending the Infinity Perfect 1000 watts. Get it bench tested, I'd say youd be lucky to getting 300 watts to it. The sub physically cant produce more than 350 RMS for an extended period of time, it is the thermal rating. Bottom line. You can get away with more watts for burps, but if you were truly sending that sub 1000 watts it would have blown within 10 minutes.

i heard from a crutchfield advisor that its easier to blow a sub by running it under the rms than over it because it has to work harder to draw the power
WTF? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.