How did you all finally decide...

There are alot of great replies here!! Thanks to everyone. The purpose of this thread wasnt really asking for help,I was just more curious what was the one thing that you like about your speakers,and I really appreciate all the help. And yes they are alot of friendly,knowledgeable people here!!

BTW,Ive decided to go with a set of BA Pro 50's. For me the final deciding factor is price.Im getting a brand new in the box set for 200.00. Ive read all I can about them and Im really excited!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ive had. the fallowing comp's before

1 set Focal K2P 3 ways- loved them. wish i never got rid of them!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

3 sets ( 3 each door) Focal Polyglass 165v.2...same as above..

1 set Powerbass XL 6 1/2 comps... they where not bad at all... a little bright no bass/ mid bass...

1 set of JBL GTO comps.. also a little bright lacks mid bass..

1 set MTX TX6601 comps... not bad at all till i fried the shiit out of the x overs...

1 set of Alpine trpe R's comps... amazeing sound very clean smooth good bass

1 set of Alpine X Type comps.. ( currently in car as we speak ) x3 same as above... next to the Focal's these are runner up...

i ve gotten to install other's, JL, Rockford, Pioneer, a/d/s 3 ways ( awsome other the the lap top sized x over), and some other randoms...

best thing is to run around to as many car audio shops as possible. take a personal cd you know by heart and listen to em all and pic ur fave.. no matter the brand ext....

There are alot of great replies here!! Thanks to everyone. The purpose of this thread wasnt really asking for help,I was just more curious what was the one thing that you like about your speakers,and I really appreciate all the help. And yes they are alot of friendly,knowledgeable people here!!

BTW,Ive decided to go with a set of BA Pro 50's. For me the final deciding factor is price.Im getting a brand new in the box set for 200.00. Ive read all I can about them and Im really excited!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
That would be hard to beat.

I read ever review I can find. I try and find people that I trust that have or are running something I am looking at. I PM them and get their input or email them. If it is something I know one of the SQ comp guys is running I try and hit them up also. I try and find a way to listen to them in a couple installs if possible. You may hear a set in one car and then in another. One may sound like ass and the other sound great. So you have to take install into consideration also. Sound boards can give a start of what you like or where to start looking but I don't buy of sound boards.
I look at the feedback that was given, price and does it do what I will need them to do.

I usually then have it narrowed down to a few brands and then I draw my own conclusion and make my purchase.
x2.

when reading reviews, i think it is important to do some research on the people writing the reviews. sometimes it can be someone's first comp set and have nothing to compare it to, and many times it is someone who just doesn't know ****.

Hey there. I'm brand new at this Car Audio stuff, but not brand new to decisions.

I've always found that sometimes Decisions are made tough by an unknown about your own desires.

Being brutally honest with myself has taught me that I've made many huge decisions based on *OTHER* opinions rather than a true knowledge of myself.

When things get difficult, I know its a soul search... but for CRIPES SAKE this is a CAR STEREO. There are other things in life that are more important. Some of you may disagree, LOL!

Hey there. I'm brand new at this Car Audio stuff, but not brand new to decisions.
I've always found that sometimes Decisions are made tough by an unknown about your own desires.

Being brutally honest with myself has taught me that I've made many huge decisions based on *OTHER* opinions rather than a true knowledge of myself.

When things get difficult, I know its a soul search... but for CRIPES SAKE this is a CAR STEREO. There are other things in life that are more important. Some of you may disagree, LOL!

HHHHHMMMM...this post kind of confuses me.

While I understand what you're saying,for me car audio is something I can use to help me to get thru some of my "more difficult" decisions.I dont have the easiest life in the world and to be able to come here and chat with some of the people on this and other forums about "CAR STEREO" is something I need.Im sure there are others who feel the same way.

I do appreciate the post,but if this isnt something you care about or take seriously,why are you even here.Im not trying to be a jerk or anything,but your post seems very out of place.

HHHHHMMMM...this post kind of confuses me.
While I understand what you're saying,for me car audio is something I can use to help me to get thru some of my "more difficult" decisions.I dont have the easiest life in the world and to be able to come here and chat with some of the people on this and other forums about "CAR STEREO" is something I need.Im sure there are others who feel the same way.

I do appreciate the post,but if this isnt something you care about or take seriously,why are you even here.Im not trying to be a jerk or anything,but your post seems very out of place.
My sincere apologies. In fact, I can relate to much of what you wrote. When I have my tunes going in the car it ABSOLUTELY is Therapy. Many props to those out there who feel the same.

My post is agreeably out of place, and perhaps rooted in my own lessons learned from the perils of consumerism as some sort of opiate. Even worse, actually believing that ownership grants 'cool points' with critical people. I've since learned that such folks who judge a book by its cover aren't worth impressing at all anyhow.

I'm here because I needed some great advice, and got it. I'll learn what I can, over time, and do my best to share it. I'd love to hear what you go with.

Listen hear you little noob all i said was my input. If you want to have loud raw no midbass sounding speakers that is you.I bought them cuase i got a good deal on them and the tweets on those were harsh as well.If you ask an op your bound to get somekind of remark you dont like from someone get use 2 it its ca.com.
wow, your a douchebag

Arent you a noob too?
Anyway its best to listen to some locally. I know I dont like metal tweeters personally so I found 5-6 silk dome tweeter sets in the 300.00 price range and listened.

The Hertz HSk, Rainbow CMX, Pioneer prs650, DLS UP6 are all about 300 and offer similar attributes. Its all in what you prefer. Dont let the sh!t talkers scare you away, there are some good people on here that will help.
I agree with this but would like to ad the focal 165k2 and k3 not sure on prices in the states but they are fantastic and ofcourse i will have to say Audio Development AD6 or 60 or even better AD600r but thats a slightly biased opinion:veryhapp:

My sincere apologies. In fact, I can relate to much of what you wrote. When I have my tunes going in the car it ABSOLUTELY is Therapy. Many props to those out there who feel the same.
My post is agreeably out of place, and perhaps rooted in my own lessons learned from the perils of consumerism as some sort of opiate. Even worse, actually believing that ownership grants 'cool points' with critical people. I've since learned that such folks who judge a book by its cover aren't worth impressing at all anyhow.

I'm here because I needed some great advice, and got it. I'll learn what I can, over time, and do my best to share it. I'd love to hear what you go with.
Nope,no apology necessary.You were just speaking your mind.This is a forum of all opinions.Like I said it just seemed out of place.You're obviously a very smart person based on your responses,so Im not offeded at all.

Well the Boston Pro 50's I was going to buy fell thru so I feel like Im back at square 1.

Im thinking about just getting the PG RSD 6.5's and maybe a nice 2 channel amp.Im also considering some MB Quart's.I just dont know!!

I am a fan of the BA Pro series (have the 6.5s) and also a fan of the Alpine Type X.........If I were to buy things over again, I would have bought 2 sets of Type X's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.