How did u get into caraudio

Had been putting headunits in peoples car since I was like 11...

So when I could finally drive I had to have a bad ass stereo...which I found with

a 150w power inverter

50w RadioShack home amp

2 6.5 home speakers glued together with a port stuck in the tweater hole.

It hit like a mofo

My friend had a system with 2x 12s in his Mustang and I bought it from him before he sold his car, that got me into stereo. It had to be one of the most godawful setups ever, but I thought it was awesome at the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Just wanted some bump when I was around 15-16.. My older bro hooked me up with his 10" JL W0's and an MTX 275x. Wasn't the greatest but I still have the 275x pushin some components. The amp is like 6 years old now.

Definetly when my older brother bought a usa amp that pushed like 2000 watts a piece and he ran those to some gay PYLe subs that hit for about 10 seconds, but i guess 10 seconds it all it takes for a young lad to see a dream that he must one day achieve

Day after my brother got his one subwoofer in a ported box, he took me for a spin, put in nelly, and boom boom boom. I was like WOWA this thing is loud, thought it was awesome....moved on to the rest of my day. But it didnt stop there for my mom, no, she went and got better (yet same size) sub in a ported box, with more watts pushing it then what my brother had. The day shes supposed to go get it hooked up, I needed to go get some new shoes. So we drive into town and shes like I got a surprise, pulls into the audio shop where we have to leave the car for an hour. So Im like ya ok w/e and we go get supper, come back, and BOOM BOOM BOOM, wowa! I thought it was great. Since then I've been helping her with stuff in her system, planning some stuff out that should hopefully happen soon.... and now I know more about audio and the non-audible spectrum. INFRABASS BABY!

-P.S. thanks mom

My friend had the first system i ever heard. 2 12" Pioneer IMPP's in a bandpass box running off a Crunch amp. I thought it sounded like ****, see i even knew it sounded like **** before i heard other systems! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Well, anyways, i knew i had to get a better sounding system than him. So i got my first stereo, 2 10" MTX 4000's and a blue thunder amp. Blew his **** out of the water. And now i've moved on to higher grounds. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah I got into general stereo systems when I was 9. I thought it was the coolist thing when you could see and feel the speakers move. I like any kinda speaker tweeters or subs, crappy or good. I exspecially love bass. I am only 14 now and I have my starting out system of a sony reciever, 2 Jenson 6.5s with removable tweeters, 2 pioneer's in a sealed box, (bandpass sux) and a sony 1000w amp.

I've always liked bass. But the day my step brother got back from getting his subs, two 200rms RF subs, in his hatchback Eclipse. I liked it a lot, sounded a lot louder than it actually was. Then his girlfriend let him use her sub, 15'' 750w RF sub, that was when I fell in love with 15''.

That was a pretty shitty story btw.

-Alex

i installed new speakers into my car. then i noticed friends doing the same. And started seeing new stuff. Which lead me into getting into subs which some of my other friends has. So i just had to get a system and **** my system has come a long way since its started.

Everyone check Adire's website....

There is a kid on there named Scott Stoner that is the current Indiana MECA Spl champion...

I first got into car audio when I heard his car right after he got sponsored by Adire. He had a tempest in a big ported box run off of an ESX amp....

Thought it sounded hella good and been into it ever since.

my friends older brother had two crunch 12s in a 7th order and like 7 coustic amps something like 34 speakers in all and I remember sitting in the back seat trying to play gameboy and concentrating on breathing as my eyeballs rattled out of my head this was 12 years and thousands of dollars later and I am still trying to get a setup that will slam like that one did, soon very,very, soon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.