How did u get into caraudio

7 coustic amps something like 34 speakers in all
he should be shot.

Anyway,i got into it by one day listening to jon's 10w6.and i thought that was pretty nice,then i heard Kosta's dual 12l7's sealed and was like OMFG i love this stuff!and ever since iv been hooked like meth to a junkie,or vica versa.

i've been around systems somewhat in my life but to me it was always a waste and then it became really REALLY REALLY ghetto since so many ppl did it and it was just loud ass annoying bass, hear you coming from a half mile away, rattling trunk, basically really loud noise from an ugly ass car (or a big SUV).

lol and that still exists somewhat today (guess cops really stopped 'em) and I'm still not into it thats why I'm a SQ guy =) almost jumped into it 2 years ago and started researching a system, would've been Sony CD90, Focal Utopia, Adire Brahma 12", Orion XTR amps but just didn't happen, think I decided to go for performance (i have a 2001 Trans Am). but recently got back into it since my best friend went out and built a system real quick and I, of course, must top him. he went real budget and got his stuff at Best Buy and believes I'm wasting money by spending nearly twice as much as him. its a decent budget $1200-2000 and I've got it all now, just need to install.

Eclipse 5423

Zapco Ref. Series 350 w/SLB-U

Zapco Ref. Series 500M w/SLB-U

CDT HD62 w/1" Deluxe Tweeter

ED12A

KnuKonceptz wires

Optima RedTop

should be nice I hope =) not bad for a first system, I love my quality

i've been around systems somewhat in my life but to me it was always a waste and then it became really REALLY REALLY ghetto since so many ppl did it and it was just loud ass annoying bass, hear you coming from a half mile away, rattling trunk, basically really loud noise from an ugly ass car (or a big SUV).
lol and that still exists somewhat today (guess cops really stopped 'em) and I'm still not into it thats why I'm a SQ guy =) almost jumped into it 2 years ago and started researching a system, would've been Sony CD90, Focal Utopia, Adire Brahma 12", Orion XTR amps but just didn't happen, think I decided to go for performance (i have a 2001 Trans Am). but recently got back into it since my best friend went out and built a system real quick and I, of course, must top him. he went real budget and got his stuff at Best Buy and believes I'm wasting money by spending nearly twice as much as him. its a decent budget $1200-2000 and I've got it all now, just need to install.

Eclipse 5423

Zapco Ref. Series 350 w/SLB-U

Zapco Ref. Series 500M w/SLB-U

CDT HD62 w/1" Deluxe Tweeter

ED12A

KnuKonceptz wires

Optima RedTop

should be nice I hope =) not bad for a first system, I love my quality

i have a feeling running zapco, you are gonna top him

Have an older cousin that used to work at Bjorn's in San Antonio repairing amps. I used to stay with him and my aunt, during the summer, when I was an early teen (27 now - sheez Im old compared to the rest of you). He would take me to work with him, and I'd get to hang in his shop and lend a hand. Bjorns sold all high-end (Martin Logan, McIntosh, B&W, etc.) so from the onset I was exposed to the best. Of course this cousin would bring work home, and into his car - I was hooked.

Me and the crew were out at a cancer charity event, and were sitting there enjoying the atmosphere and stuff checking out the live bands and then all of the sudden out of no where this MA Audio Hardkore SPL truck starts overpowering the PA system with bass. Which drew everyone right over to the truck like rats to the cheese wheel. so we were like dude thats it. We're getting some **** like that for our tour vehicles. that way we can draw people over to our booths, so we went shoppin and then we figured out that three audiobahn twelves sounds nice in the car, but ***** a fatty outside of the car, also we made the brilliant choice of a band pass box (some factory made thing), it was real cool for us in the truck and then we all really got stoked on the idea of having stupid a$$ loud stereos. So now we are all about having super loud stereos our buddy Cory Nastazzio just got sponsored by Audiobahn and hes now got 6 twelves in some big ass fiberglass thing. and were gonna see whos louder that or four fifteen inch titaniums. At any rate we are powering up our vehicles via a bunch of PG stuff in four tour trucks for when we go do shows and decided were gonna go with somethign that doesnt blow like audiobahn band pass boxes lol. hey the guy said it would be loud we didnt know he meant it woudl also sound like ****, have avery little range and **** outside the vehicle, other than a real neat rattle i get from my rear windshield wiper. Now were getting a little smarter like i just learned the difference between a battery and a capacitor. see im getting smaerter all the time. soon i'll know what phase and all that other sh*t means and i'll be dangerous. But thanks to ma audio and our band pass box we are all about dropping the bass, something about the way your whole body and everythign around you shakes all to hell, and you cant swallow french fries while its hitting real hard makes you think **** this is cool. So thats my story this happened like september of this year, less than a full months ago so im really new to this stuff so sorry if i ask a bunch of dumb a$$ questions i just seriously have no idea what the hell im talking about most of the time and when someone tells me somthing, i have to ask to see if its true or not and you guys do seem to have your sh*t together.

Boomsta

About 2 yrs ago I needed money for Christmas and all I had was a credit card so instead of buying gifts I got on ebay and bought a bunch of cheap ass car audio to sell at flea markets. It was a risk but everything went well. I continue to this but now I also buy better stuff and do some installing.

my friend is like 4 years older then me... and he had 2 12" punch hx2 with two rf amps. it was LOUD...this trunk was all dynomated out..it was loud.. i loved it and when i got my first car at the age of 15 i put two kicker comp vr 12" with a rf amp. and i love it...today i have 2 power hx2 10" with 2 1500 bd amps. and i love them!!

aphinney :stuck:

My buddy had 2 ev 18s in in house and the cops were there all the time. I loved it. Always wanted to get some bass in my vw bug. When I was 16 I bought 4 m&m 8 inch woofers and hooked them to a flea market amp. It sounded great but the next day my neighbor stole it all. It was a sad day. I saved up for it all making 3.20 a hour. I saved some more and got a little better amp and I wanted 15s but no one really had anything that big so i got to 15s at radio shack and it was good for a while. Then it just went on from there .

I got into because I'm black and that's what we do. LOL. But really I was always curious about them, but really didn't catch the bug until my friend brought a royal red and put it in his.

I got in to car audio around 1997 when my neighbor (now one of my friends) had a 1994-95 Chevy S10 that had a sealed wall of twelve 15'' RF punch subs that were only 225 rms at piece . It use to shake my windows in my house when he drove past my farm. My house is at least 300 feet from the road. It use to hit 161.3 db back in 1998. He still has the truck but now hes is upgrading it to a better system, his system inspired he so much that I'm starting my own product line of car audio amplifiers/subwoofers/head units and speakers.

I got into it in 03 my older cousin bought me a hu for my car as a grad gift. (pioneer premier deh-680mp) and when I started working a co worker of mine had bought a system and his wife made him sell it because he didn't ask for permission first LOL so I ended up buying it. It was two RF HX2 12" a jl 500/1 a jl 4 channel amp ( not sure on the model) and two sets of jl 6x8 coax and a 2 ga amp kit for $500 all was brand new I thought it was expensive at the time but now I realize I got a sweet deal. Back then I bought it to help him out I wasn't really into it as much then. I had heard them in passing cars and wanted one but never felt the need for a system but now I'm hooked LOL CAR AUDIO has become a monster that cannot be fed

The first "system" I ever heard was in my cousins '91 New Yorker. He had a 600W MAX amp (can't remember the company), and two 3-way enclosure house speakers in the back seat. My first setup wasn't much better. I ran two 15" RF Series 1's off just my head unit.

After I installed my first real system I was hooked. There's just something about bass that excites me. We've been having thunder storms every night for the past week here. I love the sound of thunder.

2 things got me into this chit, driving through all of the bay area(which is beautiful and i love it) and hearing all the nigglettes cars bumping and going by me, and my passion for music. oh, and a little bit of pain is great..... no seriously it is

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.