How did I cook my MTX Thunder 6000 10"?

Participant count
  • Participant list

echz

I'm hoping someone can help me solve the mystery as to why my MTX 10's just blew up on me....I have 2 Thunder 6000's, and they are being pushed by a Rockford Punch 800.2, and are 4 ohm subs (so they're being pushed ~200w each i believe). Sunday night I noticed my battery meter on my car going up and down, so I turned off the stereo and parked the car....Monday morning, I wasn't getting any sound out of the box, so I checked it out. Turns out one of the RCA jacks coming from the head unit was disconnected and one was still connected -- The one that was still connected was the cooked speaker -- Could this be my problem? I checked all my connections - power ground and remote were all in good clean condition and free of kinks and breaks. From what I could tell, there were no crossed wires anywhere....Could that RCA jack coming unplugged be what caused me to cook my sub? I dont even want to hook up the other one in fear that I'll toast that one too -- Any help that anyone can provide will make me sleep (a little at least //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ) better at night....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

my guess is that the disconnected rca was touching the connected one and caused a short. that would fry your VC. as long as this caused no damage to any of your other equipment and you connect everything properly again you should have no problem in the future. just remember to securely fasten all connections to avoid this problem again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.