How can I wire up two Kicker 10cvr 124 subs to a Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1D amp?

You need a pyle capacitor make sure it has blue lights.

J/k don't use caps they are worthless and that amp will fry the **** out of those subs if you dont know how to set gains.

Parallel each sub to 2ohms then series the terminal cups to 4 ohms.
^^do this

and 4 gauge wiring kit will do, and as a capacitor im not a big fan, unless you have it already use it, put it in your line of sight and it can serve as a voltage meter

most importat, SET YOUR GAINS WITH A DMM, that amp will fry your subs if you set your gain a little too high

How can I make sure I don't fry my amp when setting the gains? Also I was told to wire them like it says in this link,
2_subs_DVC_4_ohm_mono_variation1.jpg
. Is that correct?

Don't get that amp, get something that does around 1000 Rms at 1 ohm

Really no point in buying a 2400 watt amp just to run it at 4 ohms and not even use all if it's power, and if you did use all of it's power, your subs would fry within minutes.

You'd be better off with this one

Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D BRZ 1200.1D Class D Car Amplifier/Amp

Idk who told you the 2400 would be a good match, but it's far from a good match for them.

Follow that and you will be fine on the brz2400. If you have not bought it yet. Go and get the brz1200 to play at 1ohm. Youtube search how to set gains by ear. Its a video made by sonicelectronix. Otherwise learn the dmm method although it doesnt prevent clipping, it sets it by how mmuch voltage comes out.

How could I wire up the BRZ1200.1D @ 1 ohm. I have yet to purchase so thank you for tipping me in the right direction!
Connect the positive with no dot to the postive with a dot on each sub, and do the same for the negatives. Now run a wire from the postive with no dot from both subs and connect them together, and do the same with the negatives and run those wires to the amp. Pretty much you want all the positives connected to each other and all the negatives connected to each other.

Should look like this

2_subs_DVC_4_ohm_mono_variation2.jpg

Kicker subs are different because the terminals are in 4 places, but you can tell which is which by seeing if it has a dot or not.

Running the 2400@4 ohms will be easier on your electrical than running 1200@1. No need to buy an amp in the future if you ever want to upgrade.

And that's also another $130 just to run 400 less watts
I guess it depends on the person, but most people on here get the upgrade bug fairly often. Already having the larger amp can save money in the long run.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.