How can I tell if my subs are wired in series or parallel?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I can't find a better h/o alternator for my car. Its a 2000 impala, all the website say the 220amp ones wont fit my car. Probably why the one I got was so expensive. I don't know if you guys mod them to fit or something but I cant find one anywhere. Might be best to do the separate battery + 1 ohm stable amp. I might just go ahead and get a new amp + sub pairing and do some better math here. What I got right now sounds so good but like I say I'm addicted haha. I mean I already got a 1200w 4 channel amp that powers my fronts drawing 60 amps and the 1000w amp as is is probably 100-120 amps.

I don't want to end up destroying my cars electrical system or anything or getting stranded.

Maybe I can get a pairing that sounds better or at least equal but is more efficient on power consumption?

I didn't really pick the sub amp or subs anyway they just came with my previous car that I bought after I hit a deer.

You will be fine with what you have and a huge second battery

I have a 2014 Toyota Corolla that they don't make a high output alternator for so I had to do a second battery in the trunk with my little 100amp stock alternator.

Current system is: 3k rms taramps hd3000
2 12" American bass xfl dual voice coil 4ohm

Powered by stock alternator+agm battery under the hood+kinetik hc2400-blu battery in the trunk with all true 100% ofc 1/0 wiring.

Just have to turn it down if the voltage drops too much. Get a voltage meter for like $20

Powered by stock alternator

Last edited:
Alright awesome, the people I talked to about it today gave me a big run around and then basically told me they just wont do 1 ohm setups. Dude was like "do you really need anymore?" lol. Guy at best buy said he would do it for 20 bucks. I'm sure I can just do this myself. I just want my stuff to run as rated and be clean so I need to learn. I'm going to try and wait and make a plan before I outright buy anything, then go for it.

This helps me a lot because I really think I could make my setup better and protect my car. Plus possibly upgrade the sound quality in the process. Better sound, better on my car, better all around.

Alright awesome, the people I talked to about it today gave me a big run around and then basically told me they just wont do 1 ohm setups. Dude was like "do you really need anymore?" lol. Guy at best buy said he would do it for 20 bucks. I'm sure I can just do this myself. I just want my stuff to run as rated and be clean so I need to learn. I'm going to try and wait and make a plan before I outright buy anything, then go for it.

This helps me a lot because I really think I could make my setup better and protect my car. Plus possibly upgrade the sound quality in the process. Better sound, better on my car, better all around.

Seriously you can do the job. The most difficult part for me was running that thick 1/0 wire through my firewall. I removed front passenger seat to run under my carpet into trunk and done.

Took about 3hrs do everything that the shop wanted to charge $400 to do, plus I would've had to buy all the wiring on top of that.

If you run into any problems others around here will help. I'm sure someone else that knows way more than I has read this conversation and would've already chimed in if something we've been discussing was way off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.