how can i fit three 15s? four 12s??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Musto
10+ year member

Alpine+eD = kick ***
hey guys, i have a problem....... how can i fit 45inches of subs in to 37 inches across and 17 inches high box space?

the dimentions of my trunk are

17 inches high

39 inches deep

37 inches wide

95 thunderbird.

i was going to get four e12ks, but some are saying three 15s would be better, eaither way, how can i fit theese, WITHOUT going isobaric? thanks for the help

Matt

Use your depth. You'll need quite a custom box, but have one sub facing up (inverted) attached to the lowest point of the box, w/the other two subs in the box on the sides. It'd be fiberglass definitely if you wanted it too look good.

The biggest box you could put in that size of a trunk, not that you would need to is 14.196180555555555 cu ft. Now you could put 2 up 1 down or 1 up and 2 down, the subs would "overlap" but not to where they would be tuching eachother. Just look, i drew a box that is a little small, but you get the idea

221167_70_full.jpg

Originally posted by Woodmister The biggest box you could put in that size of a trunk, not that you would need to is 14.196180555555555 cu ft. Now you could put 2 up 1 down or 1 up and 2 down, the subs would "overlap" but not to where they would be tuching eachother. Just look, i drew a box that is a little small, but you get the idea

*image*
sweet dude, haha i didnt understand really till you said that, that seems like pretty much the only way to do it, but one more problem.....

i know how to build a box thats like that and thatll be 12 internal cubes ported, but,

How the hell am i gonna fit that b!tch in the trunk!!!???? its gonna be huge!

any ideas????

igf i build the box outside of the trunk, how do i get it inside of the trunk, my trunk has a lip on the front of it where it closes, so i cant slide it straight in, and i cant tilt it up then slide it in because it will be too long and the top of the box will hit the opening to the trunk, see what im sayin?? how do i do this?

Do you have a pic of your trunk? Send it to Woodya2004@adelphia.net And Ill show you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif A stright on pic would be best, looking stright foward, where both sides would be about even

Originally posted by Woodmister Do you have a pic of your trunk? Send it to Woodya2004@adelphia.net And Ill show you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif A stright on pic would be best, looking stright foward, where both sides would be about even

email sent----- thanks alot!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.