How can I check to see how many watts my amp is really putting out!!

is there a web site to find out about old amps somwhere? I have a Crossfire 50.2..2 channel amp and can't find the s.h.i.t. anywhere online? Nope..all I got is a WalMart $20.00 Volt Meter WalMart aint fancy enough to have good ones....or I'm just to cheap....lol!! Also... can I trust "CEA Aprooved" amplifiers to do rated power?

Generally if it's CEA approved that means it will at least do rated. Crossfire makes decent amps so yes I'd say your amp does rated. IIRC those are rated at 12V which means you could expect more with the car on (at 14.4V).

Thank you so much for your answers and phase shift....does it mess with the loudness of the bass at all...and damping factor, what the hell is that?? The 2 guage power wire they call for is from my battery to my amp...do i have to have 2 guage...let me tell you i want to do...my subs are 8 ohm subs im only gonna be using 600 watts of my amp power(for now) so do you think i still need to go with the 2 guage wire from my battery to my amp? Because I have a new amp kit with 6 guage power wire...please be honest and will I need a cap. for that amp? Thank you so much for your answers...This is a great Forum!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If your amp is an old one, check this site out:

von Alpine bis Zapco

Bassin Buick I believe posted it a few days ago. I found out stuff about my 92' Crunch amp from this site.

Oh and no, no human in the universe ever needs a cap because they really do nothing. Here is info for you. Read this, even if only the bottom: :: NANOPULSER.COM.SG ::

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

If you're hooking the crossfire 50.2 amp to 2 8ohm subs, the most you will get out of the amp is 150watts.(@4ohm) Is there something I'm not understanding here?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

The amp im using now is a crossfire 50.2....the amp im waiting on is the Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d.....it puts out 600 watts at 4 ohms and thats all the power from the amp that i will be using for now. My subs are Kicker comp 8 ohm 150 rms subs...the hifonics amp calls for 2 guage power cable.....the amp is 1 ohm stable but i will only be using 600 @ 4 ohms(for now)until i get better subs.What I want to know is will the amp really need 2 guage if im not dropping it down past 4 ohms and only gonna use 600 watts? Also looking to find out what Phase shift does for my sound and i dont know what damping factor is....can someone please explain phase shift and damping factor to me and please let me know about the 2 guage power cable concerning my situation above.Yes I am Green but i'm trying to learn....Thanks for your answers everyone and have a good day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif....and yeah your right i read the article and Capacitors ****!!

There's a crude way of doing a calculation with the voltage you get, and the dc resistance...But it is probly the most inacurate way you could say. Also there are different voltage meters, you should us a 'true RMS' one.

. I think CEA ratings are at 14.4v though? And even if they are, some amplifiers will still do rated below that power if the amp is regulated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.