how BIG/LOUD for daily?

JDM-KID
10+ year member

Right now I have one kenwood execlon KFC-XW1300DVC its 1000rms /2000peak

Its the biggest subwoofer kenwood has made and its loud, most people think its too loud but I want more lol.

I really want more SPL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I was thinking about a 15" or 18" fi btl which would be my best bet? or is there another brand that I should lookin to.

I can save up some cash but I dont want to break the bank. Thanks

Ps current subwoofer is in a 95 civic hatch the next subwoofer I choose will be in a 93 240sx, if that makes any difference.

so you are wanting it to meter high other than audably loud to the ear?

In that case the bigger sub would probably be better.

i dont do comp, i just want to feel and hear the bass way more. Right now with my kenwood sub my brother said he can here me a few blocks away, and I see people look over when Im at stoplights, even had a cop pull a u turn and try and ticket me lol. I guess I just want to make other people rearview mirror shake lol.

will and 15" or 18" fi btl fully built do the trick?

Thanks again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i dont do comp, i just want to feel and hear the bass way more. Right now with my kenwood sub my brother said he can here me a few blocks away, and I see people look over when Im at stoplights, even had a cop pull a u turn and try and ticket me lol. I guess I just want to make other people rearview mirror shake lol.

Thanks again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
so you just want to showoff what you have, in that case, nvm.

so you want audably loud!

Try the 15, if that dont suit your needs then try somethin different. I'm sure a 12" BTL with enough power would suit your needs. Not much you can do in a trunk car to be ungodly loud.

^ 240sx hatch it will be going into, i guess 18" fi btl . i will be building the car for show &GO so yes I want it very loud, just in my civic I spent over 5k in I.C.E

doubt it will fit but go for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

^ but I already have a 13.5" and I want more, also I think your right the 18" will be to big but a 15 fi btl with alot of power will that do it?.

Also i am a noob and yes I have a lot of learning to do but im hoping people on this site will help me out, rather then watch me spend $$ and in the out come be unhappy.

A 12" or 15" BTL will knock that Kenwood out of the water. It's not very efficient at all, and with a more efficient woofer like the BTL, which can also handle twice the power, you're looking at a good bit of gain.

There are a ton of other woofers that will work as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

If you're doing it to shake other people while in their cars you're a moron. We all did that here in the states, got a bunch of stereo laws made and ruined it for ourselves. You will get your stereo stolen quickly that way too. If you are doing this to impress other people then you're into the wrong thing. Most people find it annoying anyways.

With that said, a bigger cone doesn't mean bigger sound. It does usually mean a lower free air resonance of the sub and higher moving mass.

I would stick with a 12 as said before. It will leave you more options with your box. You can have someone build you a nice one for a monster 12 with tons of port. You will be MUCH happier with that than a 15 in a compromised box. It's ALL about the box. Nothing else is quite as important.

Hey retard. Don't be screwing up the scene here in Canada too. JDM-KID....you got the KID part right. Maybe before you decide to ruin things for other people, you should really look into comps and see how the pros run. How they DON'T crank their systems at stoplights. You wanna be deaf and dumb, do it on your time, not our dime.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.