How big a box do i need and does it fit?

Hey i wanna find out how big a box do i need for this sub to hit nice? The sub is the 15 inch one.https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn154f445d1886245/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0010_BTL/0060_N2/product_overview.shopscript

Also the trunk i want to put it in is 7.7 cubic feet. Its a 2000 mustang convertible if that helps any. i wanna know if the box would fit in the trunk.
the biggest box you can fit is the biggest box you can fit through the opening of your trunk. ( mustang trunk openings normally aren't very big. ) make a shell of a box that u think is the biggest u can fit out of cheep plywood. and then go from there

the biggest box you can fit is the biggest box you can fit through the opening of your trunk. ( mustang trunk openings normally aren't very big. ) make a shell of a box that u think is the biggest u can fit out of cheep plywood. and then go from there
Hmmm good idea I'll try it on my next day off. Any idea what size box i need for the speaker though?

So if i get a box that's l=20 W=18 H=18 and 1/2 inch thick mdf i should be around 3 cubes? (not counting the port) highly doubt that would fit though. I think the 15 might actually be an impossible fit -_-

(Area in trunk for mounting a subwoofer box: Height = 7" towards front, 12" at rear, Width (front to rear) = 26" maximum, Length (side to side) = 34" maximum between wheel wells (trunk opening is only 28")

That's what i was able to find for trunk space. The box's top width would have to be 28" and the height 7" (or have some weird type of box that is 12" and then slants down to 7") and a max 26" depth.

Unless I'm wrong boxes cant have sharp corners right?

The idea i might use is basically 2 boxes one 12" in height and the length would be up until the trunk height lowers to 7"inch and there a 2nd box would be attached to the first into the box. The inside of the box would be like the inside of the staircase. (best i could explain without graphpaper and a scanner)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.