Hot new pics of my install (56K go check out disney.com or something)

TheVanMan
10+ year member

Why you looking here?
Okay, I joined this forum about 5 years and have never posted pictures of any of my installs, so please bear with me here. So for anyone that is interest have a peak.

Here is my headunit (it been pretty good to me and I only had it for a month:

HPIM0137.jpg

I got one of those ipod adaptors for it and I put in the glove compartment. My tub of armorall is in the way of it but you can see my ipod on the right, I am total neat freak when it comes to my car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif :

HPIM0138.jpg

Here is the project i just finished today. I got 2 8" daytons in my doors. I deadened the living crap out of the doors and now when you close then they feel like they weight a ton:

HPIM0128.jpg

A close up of the dayton:

HPIM0129.jpg

Totally stock looking when you put the door panel back on:

HPIM0127.jpg

Here is my trunk with the 13w7 in it:

HPIM0134.jpg

Now, with only the window class open:

HPIM0136.jpg

I build this box so that I can still use my cargo cover (to keep away the curious eyes):

HPIM0133.jpg

Here is my install. I did everything myself from the box building to the laying down of all the wires. Please comment if you liked my photos. If not, then please keep your opinions to yourself. j.k. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

P.S. I would have pictures of my amps but my camera ran out of juice and its dark now. My amps are below the sub box in a cargo area holder (you can see the reoccurring theme of keeping it stock looking). I hope you guys enjoyed my install photos.

Also, Just for kicks, here is a side by side photo of my 13w7 and the 15HC I used to have in my old car:

HPIM0116.jpg

I am still not done with this install yet. I plan to get some better midranges for the dash and tweeter for the a-pillars. I am running two channels of my 4 channel to the midwoofers and using the other 2 for the dash speakers.

I am not using stock but I need something that can catch up better with daytons and 13w7. Any suggestions for 3.5 mid would be great (I am currently scrapping diymobileaudio.com for something.

I have not officially got it all tuned but I can say they sound really good. I actually have midbass right now and which is sick.
cool, just was curious what you though of them, im gonna be using them in a home audio project soon.

btw, everything looks great.

i dont want to sound like im bashing on your install but it looks like the trim your head unit is mounted to isin't mounted all the way

the corner clamps on the box look kind of off to me... too big IMO

other than that shiit be nice yo.. like the doors

i dont want to sound like im bashing on your install but it looks like the trim your head unit is mounted to isin't mounted all the way
the corner clamps on the box look kind of off to me... too big IMO

other than that shiit be nice yo.. like the doors
I knew it wasn't just me, that's what I thought too about the headunit trim. I need to pull it out again and re-align it or something. I think the bezel is two big for the harness which is stupid since it was made for that car. However, it is in all the way, it is just supposed to mount flush to the frame.

As for the corner caps, if you seen the way I carpet you would say leave it on. I am absolutely terrible when it comes to corners. I tried to cut away the excess and i took two much on the left side so I had to go with big caps or do the whole thing all over again. They really aren't too big but the picture makes then really stand out.

how do you like the W7 vs the HC and what size/tuning box was the HC in
looks nice overall

I see you have the 12HC while I had the 15HC. I put the 15HC in a ported box about 4.1 tuned to 30hz. It had some crazy lows but it seemed if I played something that wasn't crunk, it sounded quiet. However, the 13w7 seems to blend in well with my sound stage. The crunk lows aren't as crazy as before but the transition from sub bass to mid bass is a lot better then the HC.

However, that might also be because of the car. I had the 15HC in a Plymouth Voyager and that van had a lot of interior space. What I really like about the 13w7 is that it's doesn't need a ton of space like the HC did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.