horrible Best Buy experience!!!

The installer I have used for all my alarm needs is about an hour away from me, and has always had it done quicker than they said (have had 4 installs done [1 alarm in mustang, 2 remote start add on in mustang, 3 alarm install in friends mustang, and 4 alarm and remote start from my old mustang installed in truck]). Good installers I wouldn't think of using BB or CC for installs of that nature.

i have a shop in el reno that'll do my 791xv remote start for $200. i don't have any add-ons yet. their installer said it'd be an 8 hr install job tho. (gotta get my car checked in, then start testing all the wires to make sure they work, etc. and depends on if he has to refer to the manual at all and if he needs to take breaks or anything.

i'm not gonna complain about it. whoopee. expect a very long wait time on remote starts.

but the shop did my tint in about 3 or 4 hrs. bite your tongue and get over it. at least they didn't charge you extra for your add-ons puss.

The installer I have used for all my alarm needs is about an hour away from me, and has always had it done quicker than they said (have had 4 installs done [1 alarm in mustang, 2 remote start add on in mustang, 3 alarm install in friends mustang, and 4 alarm and remote start from my old mustang installed in truck]). Good installers I wouldn't think of using BB or CC for installs of that nature.
I work for CC and do a good job. Actually I think I might have a few pics of my installs at work. But I will admit it's hit or miss... our assistant manager is horrid.

Best Buy didn't do anything wrong by disconnecting the battery doing an alarm install;
diconnect the battery and how will they test for the right wires if theres is no power in the car??

can't take a reading on a dmm, probe or ever a test light if there isn't any power.

diconnect the battery and how will they test for the right wires if theres is no power in the car??can't take a reading on a dmm, probe or ever a test light if there isn't any power.

First you test and identify your wires, then you disconnect the battery and make your connections. I'm not saying that's the way every installer does it. I will say it's not unreasonable for the battery to be disconnected during a remote start installation.

I always test for every wire before I make any connections in the vehicle, if only because I need to plan out component placement and set up my bench wiring to run the right wires to the right locations.

i have a shop in el reno that'll do my 791xv remote start for $200. i don't have any add-ons yet. their installer said it'd be an 8 hr install job tho. (gotta get my car checked in, then start testing all the wires to make sure they work, etc. and depends on if he has to refer to the manual at all and if he needs to take breaks or anything.
i'm not gonna complain about it. whoopee. expect a very long wait time on remote starts.

but the shop did my tint in about 3 or 4 hrs. bite your tongue and get over it. at least they didn't charge you extra for your add-ons puss.
nice job with the name calling douchebag. wouldnt have been an issue of time had they quoted me the correct amount of time. i dont know if maybe you are just not capable of reading and comprehending, but the big deal is i was told 5 hours, had to drive out of town to get it done, and had a way of going for 5 hours and 40 minutes, bc i paid my sister to take me and carry me around, but she had to be at work and had to drive back to where we live. the problem was that i was stuck out of town with out a way of going for 4 hours and 20 minutes. in all 5 hours longer than i was told it would take. had i been quoted 10 hours for an install then it would have been no biggie. i dont know what your personal life consists of but i have a wife and a family to attend to and being stuck out of town isnt a very good thing to me, so you can take your comment and shove it up your ass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

heh, well at the best buy near my house, a guy there installed a satellite radio into an Audi, then the next day the dash caught fire and burned it to the ground, so im now definitely saying best buy FTMFL

**** it took them to 5 hours + to install my Deck, in a 86 4runner, luckily i didn't have to pay (free install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif) but i was stuck at that best buy, with no cash (i later figured out that jamba juice took credit) just hanging out.........**** BB, i like CC so much better

:boobies:

nice job with the name calling douchebag. wouldnt have been an issue of time had they quoted me the correct amount of time. i dont know if maybe you are just not capable of reading and comprehending, but the big deal is i was told 5 hours, had to drive out of town to get it done, and had a way of going for 5 hours and 40 minutes, bc i paid my sister to take me and carry me around, but she had to be at work and had to drive back to where we live. the problem was that i was stuck out of town with out a way of going for 4 hours and 20 minutes. in all 5 hours longer than i was told it would take. had i been quoted 10 hours for an install then it would have been no biggie. i dont know what your personal life consists of but i have a wife and a family to attend to and being stuck out of town isnt a very good thing to me, so you can take your comment and shove it up your ass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
**** happens, it happened to me(not as bad as you) but just let it go, no reason in being angry now, its in the past

:boobies:
**** happens, it happened to me(not as bad as you) but just let it go, no reason in being angry now, its in the past
agreed, its over with i posted the day it happened as soon as i got home just to vent. only thing i said to them was to the person at the cash register at best buy saying they had had plenty of time already, but i went no further due to the fact that i didnt want them to rush just to get it out and then not do a good job. so i said nothing to the manager and didnt make a big deal out of it at best buy. i was done commenting till dk guitarist popped off at the mouth. but yea its over and done with i've already handled the radio code deal. started out as a simple vent.

a full remote start alarm and adding all the other crap. takes time, they may have run in to some problems... but they misjudged their time for the person to install it.

take it to a pro shop next time, especially for an alarm install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.