• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 730
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

Please tell me if I am missing anything in the following path to connect my system to my car and get it up and running. I have everything mentioned. Please tell me if I need anything else.

1.) battery terminal to connect power wire to battery.

2.) power wire going from batter terminal to a fuse holder 6 inches from the battery with the appropriate fuse in it.

3.) power wire comming out of the fuse holder and going to a capacitor.

4.) power wire going from the capacitor to a distribution block

5.) power wire going from this distribution block to the amp.

6.) ground wire going from the amp to a screw in the car's chasis.

7.) speaker wire going from the amp to the various speakers.

8.) head unit connected to the amp via RCA cables.

9.) Tell me how to hook up the remote turn on lead for the amp.

Also, for the amp ground, the company told me to ground the amp to the car's battery, but I never heard of this. I was always told you should drill a screw into the chasis and scrape all the paint off the area and ground it there.

You have everything correct. On the remote wire, you just hook the remote wire(power antenna) to the remote terminal on the amp. The amp should never be grounded to the battery. the best spot for a ground is less than 18" away from the amp, or so I have been told by an installer.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

A couple of things... Don't forget to ground the capacitor, and if you are only running one amp then skip the distribution block and wire the cap to amp directly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.