• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

Right now Im running a Clarion deck running the stock speakers , from thereIm running a Kenwood KACX-301T( 2ch 4 ohm amp bridged at 300W rms x 1) connecting to a Earthquake dB 12, 220W rms.

Now what Im thinking about doing is hooking up a Mtx Thunder 240, 2 ch amp( 20W x 2 @ 4ohms, 40 W x 2@ 2 ohms, 80W bridged @ 4ohms) anyways what I wanna do is use it to push my stock speakers.

Alright if that will work how do I go about hooking up the amp. Can I hook it up off of the Kenwood, Power,Ground, and Remote into the Mtx Power, Ground, Remote??????????

Thanks for any info

With the amount of power you have you'd be ok daisy chaining them like that. I'd recommend 8 ga wire from batt. to Kenwood, and make sure you have an in line fuse at the battery, probably 40 amps or so, and you may want to have about a 20 amp on the wire (10 ga) from the k'wood to the mtx unless it's a very short wire and there is absolutely no danger of it coming in contact with ground. You can use a standard automotive in-line fuse holder for that, ATC I think it's called, wal-mart has them for a couple bux.

Remote wire's not critical, 18 ga. or so will work fine.

You'll need some y cables for your rca's too (assuming your hu only has one set of pre-outs). Again, wal-mart, a couple bux.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.